Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What to add to my kit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to add to my kit?

So here's how it goes. Economic Stimulus payments from the IRS are awesome. I need to decide how to spend mine. As you can see from my signature, I have a TD-3KW . Basically I have 4 ideas for how to spend my money.

1. CY-12R/C (ride) + PD-105/125
    2. 2x CY-8 (crash2 and hi-hat) + PD-105/125
    3. TD-8/TD-9
    4. Put it in a savings fund for a TD-12 in the future.

Which one would you pick and why?

The consensus is if you expect to upgrade modules in the future, purchase the module first, then all the other goodies that work well with it. Thus, if you think you'll "stop" with a TD9, then get that now. If a 12 is really what you want, save up and get that first. Then follow with the other things....except those CY-8s, get something better.

www.myspace.com/rubberuniverse
    TD-12, DTX502, SD1000, EZDrummer, Diamond Drum 12" snare, S1000 toms/cymbals/kick, PCY10/100/135/155, CY-5/14, Hart Ride, Hart Acupad 8" kick, Epedal Pro II, Concept 1 pads/cymbals, SD1000 & Roland V Sessions racks, PD-7, Kit Toy 10" splash, DMPad ride, SamplePad, PerformancePad Pro

Comment

Id wait and get the TD-12, all that other stuff is fun for now but I know i would have more fun with a td-12 then an extra cymbal. You can always check out the DIY section and make your own cymbals/toms for the mean time...

Dave
      Remo practice pad mesh conversion, Pearl Export A2E mesh, Pintech and TKO A2E cymbals, Roland TD-8, 1.5 eDrum trigger to midi converters (edrum.info), Alesis DM5's, Tama Iron Cobra double bass pedal. 6 200watt EV SH1502 speakers, 200watt Crate Bass amp, ASUS P5Q Mobo, 8Gb ram, q6600 Core2 Quad, 3 TB's of hard drives, ATI 3870 video, dual 22" monitor's. This stuff is FUN!

one of my kits http://vdrums.com/forum/showthread.p...hlight=zdavesf

Comment

*Subliminally plants suggestion* Get the TD-12, get the TD-12, get the TD-12......

Last edited by Fullback32; 05-16-08, 10:53 AM.
        Hawk snare, toms, and bass; Hart ECII crashes & ride; VH-10 Hihat; Iron Cobra double-bass.
        "I never play the same thing twice...sometimes because I simply can't remember it." - John Paul Jones

Comment

Welcome Ice,

We both have TD-3s and the same Tama pedal...

Keep us informed as you upgrade your kit. I'll eventually be upgrading things too. I wish I'd figured out I was more of a drummer sooner, I could have saved a lot of money on guitars.

One thing you could do now that makes a difference is to add something like a Pintech Dingbat or a Hart Hammer. The poster right before me has both.

I've added a Pintech Dingbat. It's not that expensive and you can use it later too. It's great to be able to add another sound, a different cymbal, a cowbell, etc. as after a while the TD-3 is a bit limited.

Michael

TD-3 KW, Tama HP200, Pintech Dingbat, Sound Percussion throne, Zildjian anti-vibe sticks, PM-10, iPod, Sennheiser headphones
          Michael

TD-12/Gibraltar rack/Pintech Concertcast drums 12" snare, 1 12" tom, 2 10" toms, 8" mesh kick, Visulite cymbals, 14" dual zone crash, 13" hi-hat, 18" 3 zone ride and 2 Dingbats, Roland PM-10, iPod, Zildjian anti-vibe sticks, Roc-N-Soc throne with backrest, Yamaha snare stand, Tama Iron Cobra pedal and HH75W hi-hat stand, Sennheiser HDR 110 wireless headphones. V-expressions 80's and 90's Giggin' Kits and Both Top 50 drummers (hopefully functional soon)

Comment

Well it seems I won't be buying anything anytime soon. GAS has hit me hard and I'm going to start saving for either a TD-12S kit or a TD-20S kit... depending on how quickly I can save my money and if I really think the 20 is necessary.

Comment

If you ARE thinking about a TD-20S kit, i'd go that route, because of the bigger mesh heads and CY-14's. The mesh heads are a great difference to the small 8" pads on the TD-12S
              TD-20 brain, TDW-20 expanded! MDS-20BK, 3x PD125, 2x PD105, 3x CY-14C, CY-15R, CY-12R/C, Hart ECII-10B, VH-11, KD-120, Tama IronCobra Rolling Glides and pearl hardware.
              Loving it every second..

Comment

Working...
              X