Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SP-404 (24 bit) w/ VSTi better than Yamaha or like 2box?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SP-404 (24 bit) w/ VSTi better than Yamaha or like 2box?

I was wondering this after reading the 2box discussion thread.
    The 2box is capable of 24 bit samples and the yamaha is capable of only 16 bit samples.

I have a SP-404 sampler which is capable of triggering 24 bit samples.
    Is it possible to use sound samples such as Batterry, DFHS, BFD, etc... with the sp-404, and trigger them with my TD-20?

If yes, will it trigger smoothly like the yamaha, or like if using a pc?

Thanks.

I don't think the SP-404 can import 24-bit samples:

"Importing Audio Files
    • Only bit depths of 8-bit and 16-bit are supported.
    "

SP-404 Manual, Page 38.

Bruce

Comment

Okay thanks....well in this case same question can apply, but it would be comparable to the Yamaha DTXTREME III since yamaha only supports 16-bit samples.

Is it possible to use sound samples such as Batterry, DFHS, BFD, etc... with the sp-404, and trigger them with my TD-20?

If yes, will it trigger smoothly like the yamaha, or like if using a pc?

Thanks.

Comment

Hi,
        "Is it possible to use sound samples such as Batterry, DFHS, BFD, etc... with the sp-404"

if you manage to have the wav and only use 1 sound from each instruments, SP-404 I don't think supports multi layering sound, sp404 is limited to 12 voice, how this will works with roll and many sample at the same time, maybe you will have cutted sound polyphony sound? you have to test with your result.

Remember bfd, dfh etc use multilayer sound, this is means 10 sound for snare or more, 10 sound for toms or more..

Yamaha extremeIII can use multi layers sound.

The 2box is capable of 24 bit samples and capable of multilayer sound, they are working with BFD company to have their sound in the module at release, without the problem to importe them or sample them.
        Last edited by Chris K; 05-12-08, 01:17 PM.

Comment

All right...thank you very much....now I got it.......That 2box really sounds promising.......

Comment

Working...
          X