Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question About HD1 V Drums

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question About HD1 V Drums

Hello...aside from my introduction post, this is my first post.

I have been an acoustic drummer for years but now I am seriously considering an e-kit. I went to Guitar Center and tried the Simmons kit they have, (the 500.00 kit) and was not impressed. However...sitting right next to it was the Roland HD1 V Drums Lite Electronic V Drum Set. Now I never considered this as a serious kit, even just for fooling around at home....but for s*&#'s and grins I decided to try it.

I was blown away by the response of the pads, the mesh drum head and the pedals, and the ease of the "brain."

I have to laugh, I should a pic of it to my 15 yr old daughter and she said it was a toy!

What do you guys think of this kit?

Home kit - HD1
    Church Kits TD-6 and now TD-4

wanna save 10% on your ecig supplies?
    www.ecigssimplified.webs.com

No experience with it, but I would stay away from the Simmon's ... I looked at the Simmons first and eventually picked up a TD6V kit (replaced by the TD9 line recently). If you were a drummer for years and this is a serious hobby of yours, I would consider a used TD6 or TD8 over the HD, since I think these offer more flexibility. Do some research.... (or just go for a full blown TD20 and call it a day).

Comment

I think though I may wait until I can test drive the Alesis DM5 with those surge cymbals.

Home kit - HD1

Comment

You can't beat the HD1 for compact e-drumming goodness, but if you can spare the room I'd suggest a regular size kit would make you feel 'more at home'.

I stopped drumming 25 years ago for all the real-life reasons, but never did get it out of my system entirely. (I played in a KISS tribute band in high-school). Last year I got myself a gently used TD-3 kit and I love it. I play almost every day and never have to worry about what time it is when I get the itch.

Welcome to the forums, and keep us updated on what you decide.
        Jack

Sabre's Album

Comment

I will!!!!

It's cool shopping for drums again!

Home kit - HD1

Comment

It's cool shopping for drums again!
            Yes it is!!

Comment

uh oh.. i feel G.A.S. coming up
              TD-20 brain, TDW-20 expanded! MDS-20BK, 3x PD125, 2x PD105, 3x CY-14C, CY-15R, CY-12R/C, Hart ECII-10B, VH-11, KD-120, Tama IronCobra Rolling Glides and pearl hardware.
              Loving it every second..

Comment

Hi forpetessake,

After not playing for 20 years I played the HD-1 in a shop about 6 months ago and was so impressed that I bought it on the spot.....

15 mins after I got it home I rang the shop and asked if they would give me a refund (they did) - the HD-1 is just too limited for serious playing.....the single zone cymbals and pads just don't cut it after you've played an acoustic kit.

I recommend looking at the TD-6V as the starting point - I've had one for 6 months now and, whilst it is somewhat limited, it is an excellent expandable standalone kit that could even make it in a professional situation....though I now lust after a TD-20 kit as well......

Comment

Originally posted by rbressers View Post
                  uh oh.. i feel G.A.S. coming up

You bet!!!!!!!!!!

Home kit - HD1

Comment

Originally posted by Hercules View Post
                    Hi forpetessake,

After not playing for 20 years I played the HD-1 in a shop about 6 months ago and was so impressed that I bought it on the spot.....

15 mins after I got it home I rang the shop and asked if they would give me a refund (they did) - the HD-1 is just too limited for serious playing.....the single zone cymbals and pads just don't cut it after you've played an acoustic kit.

I recommend looking at the TD-6V as the starting point - I've had one for 6 months now and, whilst it is somewhat limited, it is an excellent expandable standalone kit that could even make it in a professional situation....though I now lust after a TD-20 kit as well......
                    I am confused. I did a search on google and it says the TD-6V is just a drum machine or brain.

Home kit - HD1

Comment

It is, but they sell it with a kit too (rack, pads, etc). The full TD-6 kit has a different model number though, I think. The TD-6V is just the brain.

Comment

Go to www.rolandus.com and take a look at the current drum line, you will see the modules as well as the combined kits (modules and pads).

Comment

Too rich for my blood I think. I need a place where I can do flew pay or easy pay off my bank debit card....like Zzounds or Americanmusical.

Anyway....I think I am going to hold off until this baby comes out...

Home kit - HD1

Comment

that looks sweet. i will read up on it. Take a look at ebay as well ...

Comment

I definately want to try em before I decide. One thing I know for sure is that from what very limited experience I have had so far with edrums is that I am really like them, perhaps even more than a-drums. I love the fact that you can just plug em in and play. I love the variety and so on.

Home kit - HD1

Comment

Working...
                              X