Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Roland TD-3KWS - Where to buy in Aussie?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roland TD-3KWS - Where to buy in Aussie?

hi all

i was wondering if anyone from Australia in this forum uses Roland TD-3 kit...

if so, could you please tell me where did you get it from?

i've been to both billyhyde and Allans music websites and it looks like the kit is over AU$2000.. also i went to ebay and found 1 from USA for around US$ 1000, which is half the price!

i'm reluctant to buy from ebay.. just because it's a drumkit not like a DVD or something similar..

so any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

thank you in advance,
    fransis

Firstly, welcome aboard

Where in Aus are you? If you are anywhere near Geelong, I can set you up with a good deal on a new TD3

Comment

Hi Fransis, try

www.proaudio.com.au
      or
      www.bettermusic.com.au

Which ever offers you the cheapest price. They offer the cheapest in all of Australia.

Comment

Melbourne

I've always found if you go into Billy Hydes they will negotiate the price by a fair bit. And throw stuff in like kick drum peddles and thrown's
        TD6 Kit (older model), PD80, CY14, CY15 CH12 2 X CY8 and not enough inputs plus my self made snare and extra kick drum.

Comment

fransis

I still recon that you get a much better deal face to face than over the internet. I got my TD6 from Billy Hyde for $3100, at the time they were on sale for $3500. Last week at Parramatta Music (Billy Hyde) I got Virtual Bass and Guitar for $150 each. They were on sale for $345 reduced from $399. As you can see the RRP on musical equipment is a joke. My advise is to use the internet as a guide for pricing, go to BH or Allans and go hard.

Mark
          :D

Comment

Hi Fransis,

Another cheap online site is:
            http://www.onlinemusicstore.com.au

I find that by searching the net for the best price then going to your local shop (if you're outside of the metro area) and asking them to match it works well - the local guy gets the business and you get a bit of personal service (they all want to retain the customer).

That said, I also find Billy Hyde give good service and will negotiate too.

eBay is fine if you can negotiate picking the goods up directly and paying with real $s.

Comment

Thank you all for the suggestions. Very much appreciated.
              I will go to BillyHyde this weekend to get a quote..

Comment

SuperPuss,
                I live in Melbourne, so Geelong is only less than 1 hour away.
                Would you mind setting me up with a deal on new TD3?

Thanks mate.

Comment

Originally posted by cesco13 View Post
                  SuperPuss,
                  I live in Melbourne, so Geelong is only less than 1 hour away.
                  Would you mind setting me up with a deal on new TD3?

Thanks mate.
                  I'm onto it. Spoke to my Roland contact today and will get quote for you tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperPuss View Post
                    I'm onto it. Spoke to my Roland contact today and will get quote for you tomorrow.
                    Thanks a lot mate Much appreciated

Comment

Just sent you a PM

Comment

Working...
                      X