Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Roland Handypad PAD-5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roland Handypad PAD-5

Anyone ever play around with one of these things? I've seen them on eBay and finally found got one in a price range I'd consider ($30.00).

It's a quick way to add 5 more sounds. It also has built in drum machine rhythms. I like putting some of the Latin rhythms on and canceling some of the parts and playing along.

My kids also are having a blast with it since they can push all the buttons on it and not screw anything up (unlike my mixer and modules).
    Frequent GAS Sufferer

TD-9, RMP-12, RMP-5 & SonicCell on Gibraltar Quad Stands.

I think yours may be the first mention here of that MIDI controller (c 1984-1989). Quite unusual to have pads and rhythms but no sounds. Looks like a fun box for that price.

The manual can still be downloaded from Roland US, just in case it didn't come with one.

Bruce

Comment

Pad-5

Thanks Bruce. Downloaded the manual when I won it on eBay. I like that you can actually get access to 10 sounds (5 normal and another 5 when you press the Pad Assign button). The sounds can be dialed in by MIDI note number. I mounted it on a module mount with sticky velcro - my kids still want access to it to play it with their hands so I can rip it off the mount and put it on my old throne for them to beat on.

I am surprised that it hasn't ever come up before now. I did a search on it awhile back when I was looking at them on eBay but they always went for $50.00 or more + shipping.
      Frequent GAS Sufferer

TD-9, RMP-12, RMP-5 & SonicCell on Gibraltar Quad Stands.

Comment

Working...
      X