Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Drum Amp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drum Amp

I'm a new E-drummer. Just ordered a new TD-9s. I need some advise on Drum monitors/amps. I need something just for at home practicing when I don't want to use headphones. What's the best and most affordable rout to achieve this? This is purely for home use. Any help is appreciated.

amp option

I'm running a PR15PNEO Peavey powered speaker with my TD-6V. Plenty of thump for around the house or even a small venue. Great speaker with 15" and a horn. Weighs in at a friendly 40 lbs. I'm also using the speaker as a stage monitor for gigs on keyboard.
    Pintech E-Session powered by a Roland TD-6V, Korg Synthesizers, 88 Key CME Weighted Controller. Not enough time to play. :)

Comment

Ive got a PM10 vdrums monitor a 10" with center mounted horn 30 watts. Picked it up for 120 bucks at cash converters. Laughin...
      My Kit
      http://www.vdrums.com/forum/attachme...2&d=1257067362

Comment

Roland PM 30

I've had a Roland PM 30 for about a month now. Great sound. 200 watts of power. Some good features, see the manufaturers stuff below:

ROLAND PM30 V-DRUMS 200-WATT 2.1 PERSONAL MONITOR SYSTEM WITH STEREO 3-CHANNEL MIXER
        Your[/I] V-Drums deserve the very best in amplification - a Roland PM-30! The PM-30 Drum Monitor is a top-of-the-line 2.1-channel advanced powered speaker system with 200 watts of high efficient class-D power, a high-performance 12-inch woofer with tweeter, and a pair of 4-inch satellite speakers, driven by a proprietary DSP engine to provide a drum sound with amazing presence and punch. The Roland PM-30 delivers powerful, clear, full-range sound in a package that's cleanly designed and easy to transport.

With two satellite speakers and matching wedge shaped 12-inch woofer enclosure with tweeter, the Roland PM-30 personal drum monitor delivers a clear, full-frequency sound. Selectable Full-Range and Subwoofer modes, with accompanying value dial, allowing you to balance the volume level with the satellite speakers, while the built-in 3-band EQ lets you fine-tune the tone from high to low. Each satellite speaker includes a 4-inch full-range speaker in an authentic wood cabinet for clear, natural stereo sound. The PM-30 ships with specialized mounting stands, so the units can be set up in various ways.

Four high efficient Class-D switching power amplifiers are built into the PM-30 system: 100-Watts, 50-Watts, and 50-Watts, for a total of 200 watts of high-performance impact. Plenty of power for rehearsals and small- to medium-size venues. Line outputs are provided for tapping into larger PA systems when needed.

The PM-30 is equipped with a 3-channel stereo mixer so that in addition to the V-Drums sound module you can connect and monitor other sources: an additional sound module, CD player, MP3 players or other audio sources. Roland V-Drum owners will appreciate the PM-30 monitor's special V-Drum input, which accepts a single 1/4-inch stereo TRS feed from the V-Drums' headphone output.And Roland optimized the PM-30 for use with V-Drum kits via newly created DSP.

The PM-30 provides a flexible input path with three input channels, both 1/4-inch and RCA input types are offered, and two sets of outputs. 1/4-inch stereo line outputs stereo are provided, plus an additional pair of outputs for the satellite speakers. A solid crossbar spans the top of the PM-30 base unit for convenient carrying; two side handles are provided as well. The two satellite speakers can be clamped onto the crossbar or mounted onto a drum rack.

Not cheap but excellent at what it does. I even use the headphone socket through the amp as it is a much cleaner and crisper sound.

Comment

PR15PNEO Peavey...great performance...great value.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback. Anyone had any experience with the Roland keyboard amps? Specifically the KC-60 , KC-100, or KC-150 amps. Several on E-bay I'm watching. Should I stay away from Keyboard amps?

Comment

hmm.. same problem here. I'd really like a 2.1 set with the 2 sattelite speakers and a sub, but the PM-30 is just too expensive overhere (over 600 euro's, which is around $850 nowadays).. Is there any good alternative for it?
              TD-20 brain, TDW-20 expanded! MDS-20BK, 3x PD125, 2x PD105, 3x CY-14C, CY-15R, CY-12R/C, Hart ECII-10B, VH-11, KD-120, Tama IronCobra Rolling Glides and pearl hardware.
              Loving it every second..

Comment

Yamaha

Originally posted by rbressers View Post
                hmm.. same problem here. I'd really like a 2.1 set with the 2 sattelite speakers and a sub, but the PM-30 is just too expensive overhere (over 600 euro's, which is around $850 nowadays).. Is there any good alternative for it?

http://www.igotmusic.co.uk/productde...oductID=ms50dr
                WEBSITE - http://www.diamondelectronicdrums.com/
                YOUTUBE CHANNEL - http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbVB...?feature=guide
                FACEBOOK me at ... https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...83235555050736
                :eek: ...
                Showcase 1 - http://vdrums.com/forum/album.php?albumid=253
                Showcase 2 - http://vdrums.com/forum/album.php?albumid=354

Comment

If you are looking for a self contained unit, I've been using a Simmons DA200S and I'm very pleased with it. 200 watts of power and it contains a subwoofer, 2 mids and 2 tweeters. A very good value for the price. Plenty of thump for home practice.
                  TD-12S-BK, CY-15, Simmons SDS-1 pad, Iron Cobra HP900TWL Pedals, Simmons DA200S

Comment

Originally posted by hammie View Post
                    Thanks for the feedback. Anyone had any experience with the Roland keyboard amps? Specifically the KC-60 , KC-100, or KC-150 amps. Several on E-bay I'm watching. Should I stay away from Keyboard amps?
                    Roland keyboard amps are OK, but not great without the KCW-1 subwoofer. I have two KC-100s but have given up using them for V-drums and donated them to my daughter to use with her Fantom X-8 keyboard. The KC-350 and KC-550 are better; but bigger, heavier and more expensive.

Member marklein compiled this comparison: The Ultimate E-Drum Amplifier Guide (under $1000)

The more recent Simmons DA200S seems to have gained quite a few satisfied users for home practice.

Bruce

Comment

What 2112guy said.
                      TD9 Frankenkit

Comment

I am a cheap B*****d and spent some time hunting out what I felt was an inexpensive solution and used a stereo amp that was gathering dust in a closet. Check it out. This thing rocks my world. If I were to play it out, I can find a KC-350 off of Craigslist any day of the week and add it to my sub.

http://vdrums.com/forum/showthread.p...837#post302837
                        Yamaha Birch Custom Absolute | Zildjian Ks

Comment

Opinion on the Roland keyboard amps.................never liked them for keyboards, wouldn't go that direction for drums either. Had several fellow players damage their amps( Roland ) when pushed, especially with sequenced drums parts. My Peavey KB300 took all that punishment and then some. These were products from the 80's mind you. I have since gone away from a keyboard (amp) to a powered speaker for monitoring. This gives me greater flexibility for large verses small venues and I can use the cab. with my TD-6V as well.
                          Pintech E-Session powered by a Roland TD-6V, Korg Synthesizers, 88 Key CME Weighted Controller. Not enough time to play. :)

Comment

Working...
                          X