Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

carrying case for hardware

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• carrying case for hardware

Hello, I am currently a traveling student who is moving around alot every year to and from home, and to and from new places where Im doing internships for summer and what not and I was just curious what cases everyone uses to safely and compactly move a e-kit (in my case a DTXpress IV Spec). I am mostly concerned with racks

well... I found this page on the West Coast Drums website. It has some cases for electronic drums - only going up to a DTXpress III but may still be of use to you...

Has anyone tried these cases? Are they any good? I'm thinking of getting one for my TD8.

Comment

Rubbermaid works well with home made dividers.
      Last edited by Strike; 05-07-08, 01:15 PM.
      Doc

Upgraded V-Pro, TD10 with TDW-1, V-cymbals, DW pedals, JBL EON15 G2, BBE482, Octapad II Pad-80, Misc external signal processors, 7 pc TAMA Crestar, Zildjian cymbals; 5 String Bass, 12 string and assorted 6 string guitars

Comment

Military surplus shipping cases are great, are pretty much immortal, and can be had for cheap. Here's a link to an ebay store with some that might be of interest: http://stores.ebay.com/waterychas . These are cases that you can buy once and use for decades.

Disclaimer: I haven't done any business with this vendor personally, and know nothing about them- this is just the result of a quick search on Ebay for "shipping cases". But their prices seem to be worth a look, and their feedback is at 100% for 2000+ sales- so take that for what it's worth...

Comment

Most of those cases in the waterychas eBay store are square and are great for carrying drums/triggers. I think he's looking for a solution on how to transport his rack. I use a keyboard soft case for an 88 key keyboard to carry mine. However, my cymbal arms are pretty heavy duty so it's beginning to tear. Anyone have any other solutions for rack transport?

Comment

thanks for the input guys, but yeah, my interest is mostly in rack carriage.

Comment

Working...
            X