Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TD-20 Add Ons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TD-20 Add Ons

Hi gang . . .

I'm playing a TD-20 and want to throw on a few extra bells and whistles. What have you found to be good options for extra cymbals and percusion triggers?

I'd like to add a splash and possibly another crash.

I've seen a little triangle looking trigger around, but don't know what it is!

Anybody help me out?

The cheaper the better.

RS

I have a pintech dingbat that comes in quite handy.

The triangle thing might be the hart hammer (same basic premise as the dingbat)

http://www.hartdynamics.com/products/hammer/index.html
    http://www.pintechworld.com/usa/prod...ct.aspx?p=db12
    -Coop

Roland TDW-20 Module VEX'd, Boss FS-6, two DW 9900 holding four Pintech Concertcast toms, Hart Dynamics Pro Snare on DW 9300, Hart Dynamics ECymbal II HiHat on EPedal II, Hart 14" Crash, 12"crash, 14"China, 16"ride on 4X DW 9700 , Pintech DingBat, Roland KD-120, Tama Iron Cobra doubles, Pork Pie Big Boy Throne (Camo).

Comment

I thought that may have been what it was.

Thanks.

Comment

I'd recommend a CY-5 for splash and a CY-8 for crash (since you said the cheaper the better). I use both of those as well as a Hart Hammer and a Pintech Dingbat, which work well with Roland modules.

Bruce

Comment

If you are OK with DIY, you could do something similar to what I just did and make some simple triggers from plumbing parts and piezo's.

Here's a couple of pics showing the simplicity of these devices. They cost me very little and took a couple of hours max to build four of them from scratch.

and later, I added some round cut-outs from a mouse mat to reduce the hot spots in the middle (they are the black circles in the middle).
          You can see them in my most recent kit pic here....

Comment

I got four PD-8s for my four AUX channels. I like this solution because they work well for splash cymbals and percussion such as bongos, tympani, etc. Inexpensive, versatile, and rugged.
            Id rather be told the ugly truth than handed a pretty lie.

Comment

Some KitToys cyms and a bunch of PD-7s (through a TMC-6) are my weapons of choice for over-maxing out the TD-20.
              TD-50KV extended kit with KD-A22 kick, DW pedals/stands. SPD-30 and SPD-SX. TD-30 for additional triggers & layering. Muse Receptor 2+ Pro w/ SD v2.4.4.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperPuss View Post
                If you are OK with DIY, you could do something similar to what I just did and make some simple triggers from plumbing parts and piezo's.

Here's a couple of pics showing the simplicity of these devices. They cost me very little and took a couple of hours max to build four of them from scratch.

and later, I added some round cut-outs from a mouse mat to reduce the hot spots in the middle (they are the black circles in the middle).
                You can see them in my most recent kit pic here....
                You really need to put some frosted perspex around the frame, and the have some nice moving head LED lights behind you.... that would look awesome!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Levon View Post
                  You really need to put some frosted perspex around the frame, and the have some nice moving head LED lights behind you.... that would look awesome!!!
                  Stop it now I tells ya!!!! You're only feeding my already out of control GAS affliction!!

Comment

Working...
                  X