Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TD3: Whats the most realistic sounding kit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TD3: Whats the most realistic sounding kit?

I have had my TD3 for a week now and am really happy..

But I can't decide on which kit sounds best, and since I am new to drums, I have little experience to base my comparison on.

Currently I am using Kits 1 and 5 (With a few slight adjustments), but wonder if anyone has any better advice.

Better still, does anyone have details of any custom kits they have created?

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated

All the best

Jon

If I'm using my TD-3 I usually stay on kits 1-4.

Comment

Originally posted by Mixxit View Post
      If I'm using my TD-3 I usually stay on kits 1-4.
      I started out with kit #1 but have pretty much modified every pad sound so far...
      Jack

Sabre's Album

Comment

Originally posted by Sabre View Post
        I started out with kit #1 but have pretty much modified every pad sound so far...
        I can't get one which sounds right.. Anyone care to give me the samples that they use on their favourite kit(s)?

If someone could list the name of the sound, against each input, that would be a HUGE help!

Thanks in advance for your help

jon

Comment

i really liked the "Jazz" kit on the TD3, and still like using the "Pop Ride"
          http://vdrums.com/forum/showthread.p...760#post301760
          :cool:
          ;)

Comment

Dude...there's nothing like trying to impersonate Tito Puentes and Sheila E. and using the 31 & 32 kit ala "latin" and trying to jam with Salsa & Bohemian music!!!

I just got a TD-3 kit off craigslist last week for a SNITCHIN of a deal...a love it!!!!

I love kit 1 too ...but I need to figure the programming out because the snare is silent or something.

My rookie 1st post of many!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jweaver View Post
              Anyone care to give me the samples that they use on their favourite kit(s)?
              Kick = K02 Rock Kick
              Snare = S8 Ballad Snare
              Tom = t1.1 Power Tom 12"
              Tom = t1.2 Power Tom 14"
              Tom = t1.3 Power Tom 16"
              Hi-Hat = H03 Dark HH
              Ride = Rd1 Pop Ride
              Crash = CR1 Dark Thin Crash 16"
              Crash = CR2 Medium Crash 16"

I sometimes sub S2 or S6 for the snare and t2.1 - t2.3 for toms but everything else pretty much stays the same.
              Jack

Sabre's Album

Comment

Working...
              X