Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

td-20 bass & hi-hat vs dtxtremeiii

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• td-20 bass & hi-hat vs dtxtremeiii

i went down to a guitar center today but unfortunately they didnt have a dtextremeiii.
    so i compared the td-20 to a dtexpressiv

the mesh heads are way too better than the rubber pads on the yammies but somehow the bass pad on the td-20 didnt feel too convincing to me. maybe the beater was too close so i didnt really get much feel on the bass.

what do you guys think about the new bass drum on the dtxtremeiii?
    is it any better than the rolands?

i am a lil concerned about the hi-hats too.
    could anybody comment on these two items on the roland and the yammies..

thanks

If you want to know how the pads feel - you should decide by yourself (but not from DTXpress - the DTXtreme has better pads on kick and hihat!). The new Yamaha kick - to my opinion - feels very good (the same is true for the Roland pad). The hihat is very nice too - much better than Dtxpress!
    Another question is the quality of sounds depending on the module. No need to talk about bassdrum - both modules offer high quality sounds. Yamaha has great sounds on the hihat - but I feel that the Roland hihat behaves more like the real thing.
    CU, Stephan
    TD-12, VH-11, CY-12,-8, PD 85, 80R, Yamaha Rack and Pads

Comment

Working...
    X