Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wireless headphones - Best bang for the $

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wireless headphones - Best bang for the $

I need to buy 3 pairs of wireless headphones. Please give me your opinions on the best bang for the buck factor.

Thanks

For use at home (practicing) or on a live gig?
    V-Pro, TD-10 Expanded (and heavily tweaked), Smartrigger Crashes, Smartrigger Ride, CY-5 Hi-Hat Cym., KD-8 Kick Trigger, DW 7000 Bass Pedal, Two:Boss FS-5U, Roland KC-500 & Peavey KB 300 Amp (Used for Stage Monitoring), Pintech Nimrod, Phillips SBC HP 550 H-phones, Slingerland & Pearl acoustics, Zildjian & Sabian cymbals, Winkler's Percussion Custom Chimes (37 Bars). BBE 482i Sonic Maximizer, Peavey PV14 Mixer, CAD Premium 7 Drum Mic Pack.

Comment

Wireless headphones seem to be targeted at consumers, rather than prosumers/professionals. I have yet to find a pair that I thought were worth the money myself.
      Alan
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | message | recommendations

Comment

Originally posted by amonline View Post
        Wireless headphones seem to be targeted at consumers, rather than prosumers/professionals. I have yet to find a pair that I thought were worth the money myself.
        Same here - tried many, hated many, returned many for a full refund.
        >>>See my E-kit here<<<

>>>See my A-kit here<<<

Comment

If you want a good wireless headphone get the headphones you want and hook them up to a decent wireless in ear system. A cool combination would be Ultrasone Pro750's and a PSM400 system.
          www.rmcaudiodirect.com

http://www.myspace.com/rmcaudio

Comment

These will be used for my bands practice sessions. I want to run them out of my Art400.

Thanks everyone!

Comment

With in ear monitors you can get 1 transmitter and 3 receivers to save money.
              www.rmcaudiodirect.com

http://www.myspace.com/rmcaudio

Comment

Originally posted by Erik-RMC View Post
                With in ear monitors you can get 1 transmitter and 3 receivers to save money.
                The only in ear system I saw was like $999. I was hoping to spend less than$300. Wireless headphones really suck that bad, eh? What's the problem with them? I was seriously considering these:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/produ...nes?sku=241489

Comment

Originally posted by BadThad View Post
                  Wireless headphones really suck that bad, eh? What's the problem with them? I was seriously considering these:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/produ...nes?sku=241489
                  To quote from the "manual" for that model, I think the problem could be; "Note: The volume of the sound source must be sufficient, otherwise the transmitter automatically turns off."

That may be similar to the volume "ducking" which most regular wireless headphones seem to produce when used for drums, as mentioned a few times in this previous thread; wireless headphones???

Then there's the interference, distortion, limited bandwidth and short battery life!: Wireless Headphones - thoughts?

I think the moral is that cutting the cord costs big bucks for a professional true diversity IEM system, which drummers in particular can rarely justify.

Bruce

Comment

www.catlake.co.uk ~ www.celticconfusion.co.uk

Currently using a Roland TD-6KX V-Tour Kit - click here for info!

Comment

Originally posted by BarT View Post
                      To quote from the "manual" for that model, I think the problem could be; "Note: The volume of the sound source must be sufficient, otherwise the transmitter automatically turns off."

That may be similar to the volume "ducking" which most regular wireless headphones seem to produce when used for drums, as mentioned a few times in this previous thread; wireless headphones???

Then there's the interference, distortion, limited bandwidth and short battery life!: Wireless Headphones - thoughts?

I think the moral is that cutting the cord costs big bucks for a professional true diversity IEM system, which drummers in particular can rarely justify.

Bruce
                      Awesome info, thanks for your help Bruce. I'm just going corded after reading that. I was hoping the bandwidth issue would be solved by now....I understand the limitations. Heck, what's 3 extra cords in the tangled web anyway? LOL

Let me know rephrase my question! From a drumming standpoint with lots of sweat.....what's the best set out there for the money. I can imagine them getting pretty nasty after an hour. LMAO Which one's will keep my head the coolest. Does anyone make a pair with an integrated fan?

Comment

Cheers
                        Paul

Comment

Working...
                        X