Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Iron Cobra Rolling Glide doesn't attach to KD-8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iron Cobra Rolling Glide doesn't attach to KD-8

Does anyone have an Iron Cobra Rolling Glide pedal attached to their KD-8 kick? I can't get mine to attach well and I hope I don't have to buy a new pedal. There's a raised metal surface on the KD-8 and the small "foot" on my iron cobra only rests partially on top of it. When I really get playing the pedal detaches or slides left or right and it is really annoying. By the way this is a double bass pedal. I really want to be able to just get out and start playing this set and this is setting me back. I'm not sure whether to get a new bass pedal or not, because a mesh bass really isn't in my budget right now. Any suggestions, answers or feedback is appreciated.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Zildjian52886; 04-17-08, 01:54 PM.

Originally posted by Zildjian52886 View Post
    Does anyone have an Iron Cobra Rolling Glide pedal attached to their KD-8 kick? I can't get mine to attach well and I hope I don't have to buy a new pedal. There's a raised metal surface on the KD-8 and the small "foot" on my iron cobra only rests partially on top of it. When I really get playing the pedal detaches or slides left or right and it is really annoying. By the way this is a double bass pedal. I really want to be able to just get out and start playing this set and this is setting me back. I'm not sure whether to get a new bass pedal or not, because a mesh bass really isn't in my budget right now. Any suggestions, answers or feedback is appreciated.
    I'd probably move this to a different forum, but yeah I have the same problem with my Cobra and the hoop on my conversion. Its that 'boot' thing that you talk about. It does not allow for surfaces that are not flat. I decided to try for the DW and was totally disappointed. I need that toe stop and found myself trying to unstick my foot every 3 measures from way up in there. Needless to say, that DW hit ebay the next day.

Not only flat surfaces, but it can't be thick either, that boot just does not open up wide enough and the whole wobble/rock that it does - probably the weakest part, engineeringly (not a word, I'm sure) speaking

Comment

The only way is see this is to find a way to crimp a section in the center of that bulge in the KD-8. Maybe using a vise?
      If you or someone you know has an angle grinder with a metal cutting blade, you could remove the center section (just wide enough for the 'boot') of the bulge altogether. I know these are drastic suggestions, but I can't figure out another way with that pedal.

edit: Just had an idea. The main problem is that the boot is not able to get a solid level grip. What if you build up the gap that is between the bulge of the KD-8 and the pedal base? See here:

If you were to use a metal or rubber bar that is AT LEAST as high as the bulge in the KD-8, I think it would grip better. Best bet would be if the bar inserted into the gap was SLIGHTLY taller than the bulge. It would then make the boot tilt slightly forward and would grip even better when the kick pedal tries to move away from the KD-8. Good Luck
      Last edited by Colquhoun; 04-17-08, 03:48 PM.

Comment

Use the search Luke...

This is the same problem that the Cobra's and the KD120 have. (Been duscussed multiple times) 2 easiest fixes:

1) flatten the "bulb" part on the KDxx(x) with pliers/hammer etc
        2) insert a small piece of mouse pad, cardboard or cork in between the "tooth" of the cobra and the metal portion of the KDxx(x).

-I use cardboard...works perfectly!

E

-here's the thread from just the other day discussing this: http://www.vdrums.com/forum/showthre...900#post302900
        Last edited by evil1rox; 04-17-08, 04:25 PM. Reason: adding link
        - your source for electronic cigs. Use coupon code "" for 10% off every order!!!

Comment

I've used a very small 'notes marker post-it'

Comment

I used a bit of card. It doesn't move at all.

Comment

I had the same problem. Grind it down flat with a metal grinder. I put some stripping that is used on car doors on the grinded area. This piece builds up the grinded section. Mine does not move anymore.

Travis

Comment

Originally posted by evil1rox View Post
                Use the search Luke...

This is the same problem that the Cobra's and the KD120 have. (Been duscussed multiple times) 2 easiest fixes:

1) flatten the "bulb" part on the KDxx(x) with pliers/hammer etc
                2) insert a small piece of mouse pad, cardboard or cork in between the "tooth" of the cobra and the metal portion of the KDxx(x).

-I use cardboard...works perfectly!

E

-here's the thread from just the other day discussing this: http://www.vdrums.com/forum/showthre...900#post302900
                huh?? i have cobra powerglide on my kd 120 no problems. also worked well with the kd 80. but never tried the kd 8
                Pearl Mimic pro, A to E 7 piece Pearl Decade maple, ddrum Deccabons, Ddrum DDTi, UFO X-bar triggers, Real feel heads, Gibraltar rack, VH13, PD105 side snare, Roc-N-Soc,Tama Iron Cobra, Iron cobra high hat stand, Cobra clutch, Pearl throne thumper, Roland and Kit Toys cymbals, Roland KC 500, Promark

Comment

I had the same problem, but thought I was doing something wrong. I need to reach out to this forum more often, this information is invaluable. I originally came here to ask why my KD-8 rocks back and forth so much. My Iron Cobras are slipping as well, just like the author's here, but my problem is my KD-8 'wobbles'. Would these recommendations fix this, too? When I tighten the pedal to the KD-8, the pedal lifts off the floor a bit. Then when I play, the whol thing shakes....?
                  I could be the Walrus, but I'd still have to bum rides from people.

Comment

Originally posted by misterzero View Post
                    I had the same problem, but thought I was doing something wrong. I need to reach out to this forum more often, this information is invaluable. I originally came here to ask why my KD-8 rocks back and forth so much. My Iron Cobras are slipping as well, just like the author's here, but my problem is my KD-8 'wobbles'. Would these recommendations fix this, too? When I tighten the pedal to the KD-8, the pedal lifts off the floor a bit. Then when I play, the whol thing shakes....?
                    I think this may be just a pedal positioning problem. Although I have mine against a wall to stop forward motion, it does not shake at all. Make sure evrything is flat to the ground and that all your linkages are tight.

Comment

Originally posted by KevH View Post
                      I think this may be just a pedal positioning problem. Although I have mine against a wall to stop forward motion, it does not shake at all. Make sure evrything is flat to the ground and that all your linkages are tight.

Comment

Originally posted by misterzero View Post
                        When I tighten the pedal to the KD-8, the pedal lifts off the floor a bit. Then when I play, the whol thing shakes....?
                        Loosen the anchor bolts and remove the foot plate, then reattach at the correct height as illustrated on Page 9 of the KD-8 manual: "Depending on your kick pedal, it can be unstable when you attach it to the KD-8. Be sure to adjust the foot plate height so that the entire bottom surface of the pedal is attached to the floor."

Bruce

Comment

Thanks guys, yeah reading the manual is probably a good idea, huh? I'll give it a go.
                          I could be the Walrus, but I'd still have to bum rides from people.

Comment

naaaaaa..

Comment

What is this Manual you speak of? Is he from Barcelona...k?

Comment

Working...
                              X