Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

which kit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• which kit?

im looking to spend no more then 700 and want to have a nice cheap set for an apartment. i dont want anything expensive because it wont be my main kit, just something to mess around with. which of the three would you choose and why?

Need to find something? Let the Musician's Friend site map guide you to the products you're looking for.

Need to find something? Let the Musician's Friend site map guide you to the products you're looking for.

and why would you choose it?
    *im going to use MIDI so i can use ezdrummer****

None of the above. There are too many used Roland TD-3s and TD-6s to be had out there in the same general price range. I think those would be better choices. The Yamaha is a good product, but I've never personally been a fan of Yamaha gear.

Just my two cents.
    >>>See my E-kit here<<<

>>>See my A-kit here<<<

Comment

When I first considered "e-drums" I looked at the Simmons. I do not think it is made very well and did not sound that good. Note I only played it for 2 minutes (a year ago). My budget was 700 USD but I walked out of the store with a $1,400 TD6V kit (PD-8 pads). I know nothing of the others. If you are going to use them to trigger EZ-drummer I guess the module itself is not important as long as it is MIDI. I don't know if there are different types or levels of MIDI, research that as well ... (general MIDI ...)

(man I am not really qualified to respond to these types of posts but I am procrastinating doing real work!).

Comment

if your budget was 700 you wouldnt have spent 1400 lol. and im strict on this 700. this is the most i can spend. i have not seen a TD 3 for 700....

Comment

Originally posted by Swat Man View Post
          if your budget was 700 you wouldnt have spent 1400 lol. and im strict on this 700. this is the most i can spend. i have not seen a TD 3 for 700....
          The best advice I can give you is, try the kits out if you can at a store. Keep in mind electronic drums are like acoustic when it comes to price vs. quality. You get what you pay for. I think a lot of acoustic drummers, who own really nice kits want to dive into electronics but don't want to spend a lot of money, go and buy the cheapest e-kit they can. Once they do that, they then think that all electronic drums suck based on a cheap e-kit purchase. I have a feeling that if you were to try them out you would like the feel of the Yamaha better. What I mean by that is its quality of product. Good Luck!
          alesisDRUMMER.com

Comment

Originally posted by Swat Man View Post
            i have not seen a TD 3 for 700....
            A TD-3 kit with an extra cymbal and a kick pedal was sold on eBay a few days ago for exactly $700, so it is remotely possible if you look at used kits.

Bruce

Comment

hey swatman?

which kit did you get in the end bro?
              Pintech e-jam with TD6 brain + vintage olympic kit

Comment

Working...
              X