Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

This forum is for product advice & discussion only! Do not ask technical questions. Topics posted incorrectly will be deleted.
See more
See less

Drummania / DTXMANIA

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drummania / DTXMANIA

Do any of you play these games? Drummania is the arcade game and DTXMANIA is the free simulator for the PC. I'm learning drums by playing DTX mania on the PC I think it's a very close approximation to real drums, moreso than any other music game anyways.

Lots of fun. All you vdrummers out there with your kit plugged to your pc via MIDI, should try it out. You'll have to like japanese music though, because that seems to be all that's out there at the moment. You can always create your own drum beats and songs if you wanted to.

Some crazy japanese guy
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnPQE...arch=drummania
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDWsAH6FlOY

Some guy playing on his computer. not that crazy
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...453&q=dtxmania

Do you use a Roland or a Yamaha ?
    Yamaha sponsor the software a read...

Comment

Originally posted by Wickedboss
      Do you use a Roland or a Yamaha ?
      Yamaha sponsor the software a read...
      You can use anything as long as it outputs midi. You just assign what pads to the corresponding in-game effect. Yamaha makes the software I think, but finding music is a challenge. I've found mostly japanese stuff but if anyone wants it I can pack it all in a big torrent or something.

Comment

Yay!

At F'n last!

I was wanting to make a game that used something that resembled a real drum kit to play along to. But the market would have been too small to get any decent sales out of it. Either that, or the perhipheral you play would be waaaay too expensive for your average gamer.

Thats why Donkey Congo came out. Like drums, but a cheaper way to have a phythym based input device which is a bit like drums/bongos.

Games are great as they give instant feedback and reward.

I'll be downloading that, I wonder, but doubt, if they have provided a level editor, so you can input your favourite MP3s of songs, and score some drum track along to it. Then you could play along, and it'd judge your ability to hit the right pads at the right time.

These games, are incredibly easy to make, And if you release addittion packs of songs, it's like money for old rope.

The only bad thing about them, is you have to sell the expensive peripheral first. But hey! I've already got me a very expensive Roland drum kit.

Comment

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Oh! Yeah! This is a homebrew version.
          That means free, and most likely a level editor to put your own songs and tab into.

I am going to have a LOT of fun with this. I'm never gonna leave my kit.

Comment

You can easily make your own songs and beats. people do it all the time. The site already provides a level editor, and there is a whole community of people that make songs on www.gdamania.net. GDA is the file format for the songs FYI.

Originally posted by BREK
            Yay!

At F'n last!

I was wanting to make a game that used something that resembled a real drum kit to play along to. But the market would have been too small to get any decent sales out of it. Either that, or the perhipheral you play would be waaaay too expensive for your average gamer.

Thats why Donkey Congo came out. Like drums, but a cheaper way to have a phythym based input device which is a bit like drums/bongos.

Games are great as they give instant feedback and reward.

I'll be downloading that, I wonder, but doubt, if they have provided a level editor, so you can input your favourite MP3s of songs, and score some drum track along to it. Then you could play along, and it'd judge your ability to hit the right pads at the right time.

These games, are incredibly easy to make, And if you release addittion packs of songs, it's like money for old rope.

The only bad thing about them, is you have to sell the expensive peripheral first. But hey! I've already got me a very expensive Roland drum kit.

Comment

To those that want to make their own songs for the game, there's a detailed guide here:

http://www.gdamania.net/modules/doku...a_dtx_creation

Comment

MUAHAHAHAHA. LEECHED!!!!

I've sucked all the content out of the website.

Now to master Run to the Hills by Iron Maiden.

This prog is not the easiest to setup, as it doesnt' really have any instructions.
                I found that after downloading the prog, you have to create a folder called 'DTXFiles' and place it in the root of the installed program folder.
                Then unzip the downloaded files into that.

I thought the thing wasn't working properly as it was auto playing all the stuff, but that's an auto play option for each drum which can be turned off in the options.

Think I've got it up and running fine now.
                If anyone else is trying this, and has any problems gimmie a shout or yammy1688 and we can probably help out.

Gonna investigate making some of my own tracks to help me practice.

Comment

Where I can find the freeware game?
                  Staff Drum DP100 Plus with VWS9 mesh head Snare playing a Roland TD3 module.

Comment

http://www.donburi.to/~from/dtxmania/

just click on download. You have to find some songs though. The forums in www.gdamania.net have some.

Comment

Yup.

To download the songs you have to join their website.
                      But it's okay, it's free.

Comment

DTXMania -2008

Trying to ressurect this thread..

Anyone still messing with this?

I've started building basic exercises and rudiments..

Any interest?

Thanks.
                        Alesis DM10 & Trigger IO, 5 8" single input DIY shells; 2 18" DIY Bass drums, 1 13" DIY eSnare, PinTech 14" Visulaite Hi-Hats, 2 PinTech 14" choke-able crashes & 18" dual-zone ride; Steven Slate Drums EX. Mounted on Superstrut custom rack.
                        sigpichttp://vdrums.com/forum/album.php?albumid=353

Comment

Originally posted by ghostman View Post
                          Trying to ressurect this thread..

Anyone still messing with this?

I've started building basic exercises and rudiments..

Any interest?

Thanks.
                          As a new drummer I would very much be interested. If you can find a server to host the files I would definitely download them.

Comment

Since GDAmania is down, you can get the simfiles at:
                            http://www.homei.cc/

Comment

no vocals and bass on the song

i have a problem with the game, theres no vocals and bass on some songs, only one guitar and drums, is it normal ??? i have the first version of the game,
                              MEAOW are you the one who made the dream theater songs for the game???
                              if you are ---- YOU ARE AWESOME nice job

Comment

Working...
                              X