Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do MIDI songs sound?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do MIDI songs sound?

Hey folks,
    I've heard that you can play midi songs that you've downloaded off the internet on your td-6/8/10, even if it's got a full band with guitars...
    Well, you know how these MIDI songs sound terrible on a computer??? How do they sound through the module? Any better? Any worse? Good enough to play along to?
    Thanks!

Originally posted by Menashe79:
    Hey folks,
    I've heard that you can play midi songs that you've downloaded off the internet on your td-6/8/10, even if it's got a full band with guitars...
    Well, you know how these MIDI songs sound terrible on a computer??? How do they sound through the module? Any better? Any worse? Good enough to play along to?
    Thanks!
    They sound as good as your module is. I don't now about the TD-6, but my TD-10 is just a drummodule with hardly any other instrument on board. I think that the best way to do it (if it is a midi standard midifile), is to connect your module to a synth and re-route midichannel 10 to your module. That way you will have your drum part via the TD-6 and the rest of the instrument via your Synth.

Groeten, Peter

------------------
    My bands: Meneer Van Zanten and The Shed (sorry, both in Dutch but you can see the pictures and listen to our songs)
    My bands: Meneer Van Zanten and The Shed (sorry, both in Dutch but you can see the pictures, videoclips and listen to our songs)

Comment

Thanks.
      I am trying to avoid the use of any other piece of equipment other than the computer and the module though.
      I guess I can anticipate slightly bettter sound than on the computer, but maybe less instruments supported?

Comment

Originally posted by Menashe79:
        Thanks.
        I am trying to avoid the use of any other piece of equipment other than the computer and the module though.
        I guess I can anticipate slightly bettter sound than on the computer, but maybe less instruments supported?
        I'm not sure I understand your last sentence (sorry I'm Dutch), but if you have a soundcard in your computer with a good midichip onboard, you don't need an external module or synthesizer.
        If you want to use your TD-xx module for drum sound, it is also possible. Reroute midichannel 10 to the mpu-interface from your soundcard and it will play the drum part over the TD-xx instead of your soundcard. All the other instruments will play on your computer

I hope this helps,

Groeten, Peter

------------------
        My bands: Meneer Van Zanten and The Shed (sorry, both in Dutch but you can see the pictures and listen to our songs)
        My bands: Meneer Van Zanten and The Shed (sorry, both in Dutch but you can see the pictures, videoclips and listen to our songs)

Comment

Working...
        X