Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

bass shaker?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bass shaker?

have any of you guys tried one of these? They look really kool. Ive been looking at the aura dsk-50. Does anybody own this particular model and like/dislike it?

------------------
    -Drumlogic, V-session, Visulite/roland cymbals, (2)Mackie srm-450's, bbe 482 sonic maximizer,
    -Drumlogic, V-session, Visulite/roland cymbals, (2)Mackie srm-450's, bbe 482 sonic maximizer,

Look at the Butt Kicker thread

Comment

Ignore the Butt Kicker thread and do a search for "Aura bass shaker" or just "bass shaker". It does a good job at enhancing the feel of low frequencies, especially if you use in-ear monitoring. My advice is to get the matching amp. I bought mine from Tour Supply which was much cheaper than Sensaphonics.

Comment

yea, i saw the buttkicker for $400 and said no way. But for $79, the 50 watt aura model looks pretty good, considering I have a 200 watt subwoofer amp sitting around.

------------------

Comment

Hey Guys,

If you have not seen the ButtKicker in the last year or tried it at PASIC or NAMM....Don't knock it until you've tried it.....

They are on tour with such bands as 3 Doors Down, 5 For Fighting,6 Feet Under, ADEMA, Aaron Carter, Bob Dylan, Breaking Point, Counting Crows, Cowboy Mouth, Creed, Default, Foreigner, Fuel, INXS, Nickelback, Pink, Sister Hazel, Staind, Sugar Ray, System of A Down, Third Eye Blind, Tower of Power and many others.

It cannot be compared to any others and it will not break.

Comment

Another company to look into is Clark Synthesis - Tactile Sound. I tried one of their shakers at a NAMM show....perty niftee...

http://www.clarksynthesis.com/prosound.html

Erik

Comment

Sepdrums,

THe ButtKicker2 cost $100. to $200. less than the Clark product, has a quicker transiant response time and has a much more authoritative kick if so desired.

Comment

Hey Sepdrum,

Here is a link that you may wish to check out.

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=Bu...ox.net&rnum=11

Just copy and past into you address line.

Comment

Thanks for the info...
                  Hey - the guy in that message is one of my old customers....cool.

Erik

Comment

I just purchased one with a small amp and have not received it yet, but am REALLY excited.

I was curious though, does anyone run some of the bass quitar threw it as well? If not, why not?

Chad
                    There are only three kinds of people in this world, those who can count and those who can't!

Chad

Comment

ChadHipas,

If you purchased a ButtKicker you are in good shape. If you purchased another brand you may miss some signal. The other manuacturers recommend high passing at the 45 to 50 Hz range and you miss half of your kicker drum signal.

I have found that the product works great and that signal is simply individual drummer preferences.

Comment

Thank you for all of your input! That helps a ton!!

I read in MD an article about what drummers are doing for moniters. They had comments from all kinds of drummers.

Billy Ashbaugh (N'Sync) uses an aura pro 50 watt on his drum stool and says he loves it. Other people mention using shakers but nothing specific.

Thank you again for the info! At 3x the price, I'm still going to try the aura pro. If it doesn't work, I'm out 30 bucks or so. If it does, I can buy something else

Later for now,

Chad
                        There are only three kinds of people in this world, those who can count and those who can't!

Chad

Comment

aura shakers

Hi guys,

I am new to the group but have been e-drumming for some time. Have used the Aura Shakers for quite some time now and have SMOKED a few of them. What works for me now is this: Behringer MX2004A board run to a Rolls Tiny Two-Way Crossover with the high end running to my earbuds and the low end running to the Shaker. I haven't gone the direction of the Pro Shaker ($119.00 US = $300Canadian!!!) but did run into a great deal at a local surplus store, the "Aura-Interactor" backback shaker for video games. I bought six of these things for $19.00 a piece and have simply robbed the shaker body out of the units and mount one directly to the bottom of my throne. The unit even comes with an amplifier that seems to do the job so far, probably 100hrs or more on it now. Anyone else out there using a crossover and similar headphone setup? Has anyone gone the custom in-ear molds route?

TD-7turbo
                          Gibraltar Rack
                          Several Sabian Cymbals
                          BehringerMX2004A
                          KD120, PD120 and several PD7's and PD9's
                          Easton Ahead 2A's, Vic Firth American Classic 2A
                          Koss earbuds
                          TD10exp, DDRUM Pro Triggers, Mapex A kit-converted,Sabian Cymbals, Axis and Trick pedals. Presonus Firestudio w/ 2 ADA8000 preamps, KRK Rokit 8 and ikey 10"sub. Custom built Core i7 920, 6GB ram, 60GB kingston SSS main, dual 1TB Western Digital Caviar Black and Dual Acer 23" monitors all on an Apex studio desk.
                          My Website Twitter

Comment

Custom ear mold

I went the custom ear mold route with my Shure hardwired setup. I have the E5 earpiece and was dissatisfied with the custom ear mold made by Westone. I found that the clear plastic plugs (not the yellow foam ones) that come from Shure isolate as well as the custom mold and provide more bass.
                            I have the Aura bass shaker and the matching amplifier with built in crossover. Since I run my TD-8 through my own mixer and effects, then to the main board, I can utilize the headphone out from the TD-8 directly to the bass shaker amp. I can set a safe volume on both the module and amp and also set the crossover right for the amount of kick I like.

Comment

check out my little review of the clark synthesis tactile transducer in the products forum

Comment

Working...
                              X