Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

V-Club Layout Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V-Club Layout Question

So my V-Club kit will arrive early this week... I am adding on a CY-12H for the hi-hat and a PD-120 for the snare. That leaves me with two extra pads. My questions:

1. Is there room on the V-Club rack to mount these extra pads? It looks pretty compact. Does the rack come with any extra clamps/hardware?

2. I'm guessing the CY-12H comes with some kind of thing to mount it to my rack? If not, will I have to buy an extra clamp to hold the extra rubber pad?

3. The PD-120 is going on a snare stand, and the V-Club rack looks kinda cramped. Am I going to be able to comfortably fit the PD-120, the CY-12H, and the five PD-9's on my V-Club rack?

Thanks for any and all help. Also thanks to everyone who helped answer some of my other newbie-esque questions.

-Tony
    kit pr0n.

Hi,
    I've got a V-Club as well, and just added a Pintech SE102 DZ pad, with a boom arm extension. On my top bar, I've got two PD6 toms and a CY6 on the cymbal stand that comes with it. I think there is still room for another pad up there. I've got the SE102 on the right-side wing along with another PD6 and there's easily enough room for 2 more pads on that side. The left-side wing has a PD6 for a hi-hat and the TD6 module. I have a PD6 snare (I'm going to swap that with the SE102, tonight) on the other left-side wing, with a homebrew Ewoodblock mounted on it. I could put another pad or two on that as well, if I wanted. The V-Club rack is a little small, but it is one of the things I really like about it - I got real tired of lugging around my TAMAS and all the stands. Anyway, I hope this is of some help.

------------------

Comment

Hallo,
      About a month ago I bought the TD6 Club set.
      I upgraded it with CY15R, KD80 Kick, PD120RD and CY12HH.
      I used the the HiHat PD6 clamp to mount the C12HH, and the snare clamp to mount tom4
      So now I have all the trigger inputs used (4 toms and remaining PD6 on cymbal stand as China Cymbal and/or Splash cymbal)
      Remember to get two insertion cables to hook up the extra toms to the TD6 module.
      It's a little crowded on the rack (the CY15 is also on it) but It all works (and sounds) wonderful.

Cheers ... Sjoerd

Comment

Originally posted by Sjoerd:
        Remember to get two insertion cables to hook up the extra toms to the TD6 module.Cheers ... Sjoerd
        Insertion cables? Doesn't the V-Club come with enough cables for these? And don't the CY-12H and other pads come with cables? Did I make a boo-boo by assuming I'd get cables to hook these damn things up???
        kit pr0n.

Comment

Originally posted by tonycpsu:
          Insertion cables? Doesn't the V-Club come with enough cables for these? And don't the CY-12H and other pads come with cables? Did I make a boo-boo by assuming I'd get cables to hook these damn things up???
          The TD6 has two special inputs for the toms that are dual mono. You can use a radio shack stereo to mono y-cable to add two pads to each of these inputs. As delivered, it has cables for all your PD6s and CY6s, the Hi-hat and kick drum trigger.

------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Rythmstik:
            As delivered, it has cables for all your PD6s and CY6s, the Hi-hat and kick drum trigger.
            [/B]
            Well, that's a relief, but how about the CY-12H and PD120 that I ordered... Do those come with the necessary cables or do I have to order more?

[This message has been edited by tonycpsu (edited May 20, 2002).]
            kit pr0n.

Comment

Originally posted by tonycpsu:
              Well, that's a relief, but how about the CY-12H and PD120 that I ordered... Do those come with the necessary cables or do I have to order more?

[This message has been edited by tonycpsu (edited May 20, 2002).]
              My limited experience has been that pads usually come with cables. I suppose you could be ordering them from someone who doesn't include them, but I'd be surprised.

------------------

Comment

Check-out this pic of my kit. I think you should put the 120 on a stand then the rest can be mounted on the rack. You'll need clamps though....
                Groet,
                Cas
                http://fragmantle.vda.nl/images/pinkster/025.jpg
                DIY!!! www.mosphat.com/drumcas

Comment

Originally posted by Caspar:
                  You'll need clamps though....
                  Groet,
                  Cas
                  Kit looks great... Where can I get these clamps? Are they standard, or do I need to buy some special Roland clamps?
                  kit pr0n.

Comment

Hee Cas,

Nice picture, Nice kit..Did you change a practice pad into a cymbalpad?

Do you use a ' normal' stereo amplifier and boxes to amplify your kit instead of expensieve Keyboard amp or PM3?

groetjes uit het amstelveense

Sjoerd....

Comment

"Is the person in the picture vomiting because of the wall or something else?"
                      Ha ha ha! Yeah, that's one "special" wall!

"Where can I get these clamps?" They came with the rack but I believe you can get them by piece as well.

Hey Sjoerd, hoe is het in Amstelvillage? I changed the practicepad into epad yes, works excellent!
                      Yeah, I send the signal through a behringer mixer to an ordinairy stereo-amplifier. It did the thing for me.
                      Groet, Cas
                      DIY!!! www.mosphat.com/drumcas

Comment

Hurry, Sam Ash is having a close-out on a
                        Roland Trap Stand (RTRAPSTND) for $99.99.
                        The main reason I bought it was because it comes with 4 clamps (to hold the extra rubber pads) which cost about $30.00 a piece alone. I needed 2 clamps, so I just spent an extra $40.00 and got the stand.
                        I've combined the 2 stands together, and it looks pretty good, plenty of room for everything. The new stand has a gray color to it. I basically took a hacksaw to the V-Club stand and made custom extensions to the new stand. I hope to have a picture of it on here soon.

Comment

tonycpu,

May I ask where you got your v-club from and what price you got?

Thanks,

Jeff

Comment

For extra clamps I us Sound Percussion stuff, I have seen the clamps for under $10 and have changed all my boom arms to the Sound Percusion ones for $20 bucks a pop. They are the heavy duty ones that are know like $25 I think I got them as a special guitar center promotion for under $20. They are great and fold down much better then the Roland arms. The clamps are identical to the Gibraltor clamps just cost about a third less. By the way if anyone is interested I have a V-Pro rack I'd be willing to part with, no tom arms but the plastic part, and 3 or 4 boom arms with holders.
                            Ted H.

Comment

Working...
                            X