Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can I start deciding on what to get ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can I start deciding on what to get ?

This may be the wrong place to post, since this is a Vdrums forum, but I hope to get some unbiased input here.
    I'm totally new to edrums and I'm considering getting a basic set for practising purposes. But, I have no clue what to get at all ! Should I buy a complete set from one manufacturer, or is it ok to mix, like pads from one and a module from another ?
    Any comparisons about the pads and brains of the big manufacturers like Roland, Yamaha, ddrum, alesis would be appreciated. I would like to hear information about sound quality, 'feel' (how close it comes to the feel of an acoustic kit), accuracy (missed/double hits), noise level (how silent are the pads) and expression (how 'natural' does it sound, does it pick up your dynamics, if you know what I mean..)
    I know this is asking a lot, I tried searching for stuff like this, but I didn't have much luck, so any feedback is appreciated !

I agree..Before I found this site, I didn't know the first thing about e-drums. Whenever I wanted to find something out I would perform a search and that usually answered my question. Definatly check out the Hart Dynamics site (very informative). You've definately come to the right place. Good luck.

Comment

Thanks guys, that Hart Dynamics site is nice to read up. The system to convert an acoustic kit is very interesting as well, I'll try to get some more information about how well that works.

Comment

Just do it!

Comment

Get the drums that is.

Comment

Well from what I see the good quality pads are kind of expensive, so I like to do some research before buying anything. In the end I might not even end up buying edrums at all, but instead soundproof a room and put an acoustic kit in there.

Comment

Originally posted by LRLL:
              Well from what I see the good quality pads are kind of expensive, so I like to do some research before buying anything. In the end I might not even end up buying edrums at all, but instead soundproof a room and put an acoustic kit in there.
              I tried the Roland mesh pads and went with Pintech mesh pads because of the lower cost. Also Pintech makes a 14" dual trigger snare drum that is more or less a professional conversion of a steel acoustic snare to electronic. I bought the Roland CY-6 cymbals for their lower cost and chokability.

I am anxiously waiting Pintech's new product releases for future upgrades.
              I'm a drummer. I don't play the timpani! Hire a percussionist!!!

Comment

I was joking about "just do it". It took me over a year to decide what to get. Part of that time was due to financial issues, but I am always really anal when it comes to large purchases. I want the best at any cost.

Comment

Don't forget to check out my electronic drums picture site, lots of possible electronic drum setups. You might see something you haven't thought about before

------------------
                  My Personal homepage - MPCman's E-drum Picsite! currently with 14 profiles
                  Music was my first love...

Comment

Working...
                  X