Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Racks for VDrum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Racks for VDrum

Hi Guys,
    I've just bought a Roland Vdrum Custom Kit with V-Cymbals...BUT they sent me a Dixon Rack (PSO 1826)!!!
    Can I use it? or they are taking the piss out of me?!?!?
    Thank you
    F

HI,
    What I got is a TD-8K V-CUSTOM KIT upgrated with V-Cymbals. My understanding was that the kit comes with the MDS8 rack. That why I was surprised when I saw the Dixon PSO186 rack, which I think is much worse.
    Can you confirm that the MDS8 rack comes with the TD-8K V-CUSTOM KIT? I would like to find out whether the shop is taking the piss or not.
    Thank you!
    Fabio

Comment

My understanding is that the TD8-KV comes with the Roland rack. Previously, the TD8k did not come with the rack as standard, so most shops sold the Dixon rack. I ended-up getting a Gibralter rack with mine, which is excellent.

I guess you'd better check what you agreed with the shop, or what they advertised. By all accounts, the Roland rack is poor - so you may be better off.

Mike.

Comment

Do you think Dixon PSO1826 is betther than the Roland MDS8?
        What is the Gibralter rack?
        Thanks
        Fabio

Comment

You definitely want a rack with side-arms - by the looks of that photo, it doesn't have any which will be pretty limiting.

Did you order a TD8k, and upgrade the cymbals, or a TD8KV, which comes with two V-cymbals (and I thought a rack) as standard?

Mike.

Comment

Sorry Fabio - I think I sent my last response at the same time as yours...

I don't know about the Dixon rack, not seen it, apart from in that photo.

The Gibralter rack I have is the GRS-350C Curved Rack with Left & Right Curved Side Wings. It is great - very solid, and the clamps are all really nice (and open out fully after you've loosened them a little so you can take things off and change them around in seconds). It also has memory locks, so you can setup and take-down in minutes.

Looks like this:

Sorry I can't help more with comparing the Roland and Dixon rack. There are a number of comments on this forum about the Roland rack though - try searching.

Cheers,
            Mike.

Comment

The TD8KV kit comes with no stand. (just pads/modules/cables/accesories)
              The MDS8C stands include the stands+everything to mount all pads, even the two V-Cymbal.
              The MDS8C stand is really similar to the MDS8 stand..
              :rolleyes:

Comment

Hi,

I had a TD-7 rack, two years ago I bought myself a second hand Dixon rack. I is a very ferm rack comparing to the TD-7 rack. The way I set it up, it is not moving at all!

Two pics:

The only bad thing: it's much heavier then my old rack.

Groeten, Peter

------------------
                My bands: Meneer Van Zanten and The Shed (sorry, both in Dutch but you can see the pictures and listen to our songs)
                My bands: Meneer Van Zanten and The Shed (sorry, both in Dutch but you can see the pictures, videoclips and listen to our songs)

Comment

Originally posted by Space_DyeVest:
                  Hi Guys,
                  I've just bought a Roland Vdrum Custom Kit with V-Cymbals...BUT they sent me a Dixon Rack (PSO 1826)!!!
                  Can I use it? or they are taking the piss out of me?!?!?
                  Thank you
                  F
                  Some places in the UK suply dixon racks as standard, I think Kingfisher are one of them.

There is nothing wrong with the dixon rack, it will do a good job of holding your e's there are also many shops in the UK that stock spares.

In my opinion the dixon is better than the roland racks, but thats all down to tast. I use the gib' rack the same as spradders has a pic of. I find it good, but I'm not sure if I really need something as heavy for my e's.

My concerns Re. the roland racks are due to size and how tricky they are to put up.

just my penies worth

David

Comment

Working...
                  X