Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Hart Pro vs. V-Concert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hart Pro vs. V-Concert

I was wondering if anyone has played the Hart Pro series? If so how does it compair with the V-Concert. I am finally about to take the plunge and with Roland extending the $750 promotion I am concering the V-Concert now. The TD-10 with the TDW-1 is hard to beat vs. the TD-8 I had budgeted. Thanks for opinions.

In my opinion the Hart kits feel better, are more durable and more affordable.
    The Hart Giga Pro would be the comparable kit to the V-Concert plus you get the upright kick to boot.
    The Hart Pro series gives you more tom sizes to choose from.
    If you are looking for an e-drum kit that feels like your acoustic kit, Hart is it.
    Rik
    Rik
    www.RmcAudio.com

Comment

Offtopic, but does anyone know of a Hart dealer in the central Florida area (I live on the east coast) where I could demo the new Pro series? Judging by what I see on the website, the drums are very attractive indeed (and still a good bit less expensive than Roland).
      Roland TD-20 v1.08, various v-drums and v-cymbals, Yamaha KP65's, Axis pedals, Gibraltar hardware, Mackie 1202/SRM450 (pre-china)

Comment

Hart is located in Destin Florida. I would think they would have a showroom. Is that close to you?
        Kit Pic 1 Kit Pic 2 Kit Pic 3... And FOR SALE I have: 3 PD-9's, MDS-10 purple rack w/cables/pad and cym mounts. See classified posts for details or PM me.

Comment

Thanks Rik, what kit and module do you use? Also, who would you recommend to buy a Hart set from? I have heard alot of praise for Eric with SEP.

Comment

Originally posted by RUSHfan:
            Thanks Rik, what kit and module do you use? Also, who would you recommend to buy a Hart set from? I have heard alot of praise for Eric with SEP.
            Hmmm...I hear www.Riksmusic.com is good!
            Speaking from personal experience, I would recommend them...RV has always taken the time to speak with me over the phone.

Erik at www.sepdrums.com has been a stand-up guy as well...

E-drums: TD-20, RT-5S triggers on snare/toms, KD-7s, VH12, CY-14Cs, CY-15R, Pintech splash.
            A-drums: Zickos (amber) w/ all Zildjians.

Comment

I finally received my Hart Pro 6.4 last week, after a 3 month back-order, but haven't had the chance to play it due to the fact that the td-8 didn't arrive with it. Erik at SEP told me I should get it this week. I'll let you all know how I like it.

I had a good experience dealing with Erik, although I had a long wait(not his fault),he did reply quickly to my questions.

Great forum!!!!!

Comment

skeelsd, I see you are in Oak Ridge. Good to see a local on here. What set do you play?

Comment

RUSHfan,
                  In answer to where to buy your set, I can't give you a fair answer on that because I work at RiksMusic.com. (I'll be biased of course)
                  I try out all the kits and modules we have and my favorite is the TD-8 with any Hart kit.
                  Rik
                  Rik
                  www.RmcAudio.com

Comment

I play the Hart Pro drums and they are fantastic! I play a modified 5.3 kit with BD, SD, 8", 10", and 12" toms. 12" and 14" Ecymbal II's, Ride and HH.

Comment

billyg what module do you use? rvh,riks music kicks arse brudda.
                      -i can levitate birds and no one cares-----------V-CONCERT,CY12H-CY15R/SPD-20-XP-60 V-STUDIO 1824CD,DAUZ PADS,NO RYTHYM AND MISC.CRAP 9"HART SPLASH/AKAI S5000/ASSLOAD OF SAMPLES

Comment

Originally posted by Boingo:
                        Hart is located in Destin Florida. I would think they would have a showroom. Is that close to you?
                        Unfortunately Destin is a long way from me, probably at least 6 hours (I'm near Cape Canaveral). I will try to contact them and get a list of retailers...
                        Roland TD-20 v1.08, various v-drums and v-cymbals, Yamaha KP65's, Axis pedals, Gibraltar hardware, Mackie 1202/SRM450 (pre-china)

Comment

Billy G, how do you like the Ecymbal II's? Have youplayed the V-Cymbals? If so, how do the two compair?

As far as Rik's, I hear nothing but good things. I have contacted them a couple of time and they have been very responsive and even let me come by and check out their Hart products.

Comment

I bought my Hart Giga Pro from SEP and my TD-10 from Rik's. So, I have experience with both. They were both excellent. And very competitive pricing and price matching/beating.

Comment

i just bought my hart 6.4 from riksmusic and it was a great experience. not only were they very helpful, but they beat SEP by about $150 and paid shipping --- not to mention that i ordered the 6.4 and got it a little over a week later (which actually had little to do with RIKS, more just good fortune). i would highly reccomend them.

as far as v-concert vs hart pro -- im not sure thats a fair comparison, the v-drums just cant hang. i tested the v-drums for quite some time trying to talk myself into dropping that much cash for what felt only vaguely similar to real drums. hart was the answer. i do like the triggering response of the v-cymbals, but the overall tactile response of the hart eII's and very similar triggering makes them the winner in my book (not to mention price).

it is all very subjective though.

--shawn

Comment

Working...
                              X