Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Forsaking the td-10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forsaking the td-10

I am having problems with my TD 10 unit (again). The LCD display is starting to intermittently lose some horizontal lines and it is making it more and more difficult to read. I was thinking of getting a new one, but am considering going for a DMPro instead. Is there anyone out there who has significant experience with each that can give me some pros/cons.

I poked around the hart dynamics site, and they favor the DMPro. I haven't looked at it yet, but I do know that I used to get a little tired of futzing with the interface of my TD-7 (remember those? - seems like forever and a day since I had that kit). I see that they now have a computer interface for it, so I was wondering how this worked and if it helped out with the UI. I wouldn't be lugging my laptop to the gigs, but it would be nice to do the primary setup on it and then just have to tweak things a bit for the specific gig room.

Anyway I will be sticking with my pad setup of the original V-Pro kit with Yamaha cymbal pads (or possibly picking up a couple new CY-6 pads) going through 2 macke 600 watters (I forget the specifc model number), so if anyone has any specific experience with this setup via the DMPro, I'd also appreciate the insight.

If your heart is set on getting something else, do it, but these displays can be fixed/replaced. My TD-10 is 3 yrs old and it occasionally loses a line. There seems to be a connection with my tapping or pressing on the area just by the increment/decrement buttons. It comes and goes. Sure sounds repairable.
    Kit Pic 1 Kit Pic 2 Kit Pic 3... And FOR SALE I have: 3 PD-9's, MDS-10 purple rack w/cables/pad and cym mounts. See classified posts for details or PM me.

Comment

Unfortunately, decent service quality and turn around is hard to come by. In addition, I also have the expansion board and have yet to install it because I can't get the unit to recognize a memory card. I am thinking it could cost me as much as the DMPro to have it serviced.

Comment

Originally posted by jgerm:
        Unfortunately, decent service quality and turn around is hard to come by. In addition, I also have the expansion board and have yet to install it because I can't get the unit to recognize a memory card. I am thinking it could cost me as much as the DMPro to have it serviced.
        Is the memory card new, never used?
        Kit Pic 1 Kit Pic 2 Kit Pic 3... And FOR SALE I have: 3 PD-9's, MDS-10 purple rack w/cables/pad and cym mounts. See classified posts for details or PM me.

Comment

Yes the memory card was new and I took it to the store and worked in their demo unit without a problem. I posted on this at the time I was having a problem and no one had seen it before.

Comment

Originally posted by jgerm:
            Yes the memory card was new and I took it to the store and worked in their demo unit without a problem. I posted on this at the time I was having a problem and no one had seen it before.
            Sorry for the back and forth, but... does the store have the twd-1 installed? and... what message are you getting in your display?

The TD-10 and TDW-1 are not interchangeable. You need to initialize the card to go from one to the other. The error message would give a clue to what's going on there.

I switch my mem card and the Church's card back and forth between the two TD-10 exp's and occasionally get an error. Usually it's because the card is not seated properly. It could be your TD10 has a problem making the connection. Getting hold of another card would also help deduce what the problem is.

Comment

Working...
            X