Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

This forum is for product advice & discussion only! Do not ask technical questions. Topics posted incorrectly will be deleted.
See more
See less

ART310 Vs ART315

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ART310 Vs ART315

I will go ahead and buy a small PA for my TD20.
    This system will be mainly use for monitoring (for me and the other players) and maybe for main sound source for my drum during small venues.
    After reading a lots of reviews, i think i will buy the RCF ART-705AS Sub.
    Now, i wonder if i will buy the ART315 (15' speaker) or the ART310 (10' speaker). I read that some of the guys on this forum have the ART315 (and they seem to be happy). I read also that the ART310 are pretty amazing, even with only a 10' speaker.
    My question is : since i buy a subwoofer, do i really need to have a 15' speakers for the top? The difference in price is almost 250$ (between the ART315 and ART310). On the other hand i would not like to be limited in the future...
    Do you have any recommendations?

Thanks a lot !!
    Yamaha DTX2 / Roland TD-20K / SPD-S

I have an RCF ART 315A, and it is indeed all that and a bag of chips. I've never heard the 310, but I suspect it would be more than sufficient when paired with the ART-705AS. By all accounts, that sub rocks the house. It has a built in selectable crossover, so at most you may have to cross over a little higher than if you had the 315.

Comment

Originally posted by Iker Pryszo
      I will go ahead and buy a small PA for my TD20.
      This system will be mainly use for monitoring (for me and the other players) and maybe for main sound source for my drum during small venues.
      After reading a lots of reviews, i think i will buy the RCF ART-705AS Sub.
      Now, i wonder if i will buy the ART315 (15' speaker) or the ART310 (10' speaker). I read that some of the guys on this forum have the ART315 (and they seem to be happy). I read also that the ART310 are pretty amazing, even with only a 10' speaker.
      My question is : since i buy a subwoofer, do i really need to have a 15' speakers for the top? The difference in price is almost 250$ (between the ART315 and ART310). On the other hand i would not like to be limited in the future...
      Do you have any recommendations?

Thanks a lot !!
      The 310a is a good match for the 705AS sub and also does a fine job as a personal monitor by itself.
      If you think you will always want to take the sub with you on live gigs, the 310a would be a good choice.

If you think there may be a gig that you won't want to take your sub, then the 315a would be a better choice since it would give you a bit more thump simply because of the larger cone area.

If you are like most e-drummers I talk to, once you add a sub to your drum monitor system, you'll get spoiled and never want to play without the sub.
      Rik
      [url]www.RmcAudio.com[/url]

Comment

Thanks for your answers!
        I think i will go for the ART310 and sub...
        Yamaha DTX2 / Roland TD-20K / SPD-S

Comment

There are also people who think that it is better to go with the ten inch with the sub. They think the ten does a better job with the mids than the fifteen.
          . . . . . . . . . .
          V stage with TD20 and TDW-20, pd-80s, pd-7s, pd-125, vh-12, cy-12rc, dB 405 L and Yorkville LS 700p
          Core2duo in a Cube with 2 gig of RAM and 2 HDDs, Sonar Producer 6, DFHS Custom and Vintage, and RME Multiface II

"Make me an instrument of your peace..."

Comment

For all you potential RCF purchasers out there... I was hugely impressed with RCF after a demo alongside equivalent Mackie and JBL speakers. So much so that I bought both the 15" ART315a powered PA top speaker and the 15" 800w powered sub ART705Aas.

Anyway, obviously the 2 together is extremely impressive. My band bought a set of ART310a 's and I sold the sub to the band (I just didn't need it at home). I trigger an acoustic kit live every week and it sounds massive, through what is a nice compact rig. The RCF ART series really does have more kick, definition and punch than the others I demo'd.

Now, I keep the 315a at home and it is more than enough. I have brought it to gigs when needed it but I use cheap IEM's now and save the hassle. Anyway, really good top end speakers that can handle the power that vdrums can put out.
            HTH
            Cheers
            Paul
            [COLOR="Silver"]
            HOME: TDW-20, TMC-6, A/E kit, V-cymbals, BBE 882i, RCF monitor and a big ol' Buttkicker
            LIVE: 70's Ludwig Vistalite clear and Black Beauty or 400 snare with, Pearl hardware, HHX Evolution cymbals, Sennhieser mics, AXIS pedals with Ekits & SPD-S.
            Gear Link: [url]http://www.vdrums.com/forum/showthread.php?p=299040&posted=1#post299040[/url][/COLOR]

Comment

Wow this is an old thread. It was kind of neat to see my Dad's post on there form 2006. The advice he gave is still correct.
              [url]www.rmcaudiodirect.com[/url]

[url]http://www.myspace.com/rmcaudio[/url]

Comment

Working...
              X