Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

CY12 R/C Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CY12 R/C Questions

Hi again, looking for people who have bought or played with the pad. Aside from size, how does it compair to the CY15R? Does it trigger well. I would like to use it as a 2 zone ride to replace the PD-9 that I have been using. I have 3 CY-6's and love them. I am just too cheep to put the money donw on the expensive pad I guess. Anyway, let me know what you thik of the pad.
    Jason
    :rolleyes:

The cy-12r is very comparable in feel, performance, and playability to the other v-cymbals. It's just smaller and takes a bit more aim to trigger it properly. I use one for hi-hat/splash and one for splash/crash, or closed hi-hat or ride. It works especially well for splash on the rim trigger, but it works fine for anything. The bell seems to be more sensitive than the bell on my cy-15r, but not by much. It definitely could be more sensitive. Overall I'll give it a thumbs-up, although like any Roland product the price is too steep.
    Roland TD-20 v1.08, various v-drums and v-cymbals, Yamaha KP65's, Axis pedals, Gibraltar hardware, Mackie 1202/SRM450 (pre-china)

Comment

I have two. One is used as ride with 3 way triggering into my TD8. Works very nicely.

Comment

Working...
      X