Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Amp comparison

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amp comparison

I am looking for an amp for my band.
    It will be used on jamming and monitoring, and let my bandmate hear the drum.

I tried KC-500, Not too bad at all, but quite pricy.....
    anyone tried PEAVEY KB/A 300???
    How good is it compare with KC-500???
    Thanks!!

I play at our Church. The KB-500 was out for repairs (again) recently and I took in my KB/A-300. The difference was immediately noticable. The band said things like clean, crisp, clear, good projection, punch, loved the kick and the final comment I got was "you're not going to take it home are you?".

I have played both amps for the past 3 yrs and would recommend the Peavey over the Roland. The Roland has a nicer setup on inputs/outputs, however, that's what we have had the most problem with. And when it gets fixed, it's short term. Our's is probably an isolated case but when it happens to you, it makes it hard to recommend it.

Depending on your setup, you may have to use direct boxes to feed your V-signal to the amp (as monitor) and FOH (as a balanced, XLR, signal).

When I got my Peavey, it was slighty more $$ than the Roland. And I should warn you, the Peavey is a good 20 lbs heavier. I believe it runs around 85 lbs.

Hope that helps DC.

Kit Pic 1 Kit Pic 2 Kit Pic 3... And FOR SALE I have: 3 PD-9's, MDS-10 purple rack w/cables/pad and cym mounts. See classified posts for details or PM me.

Comment

Originally posted by Boingo:
      I play at our Church. The KB-500 was out for repairs (again) recently and I took in my KB/A-300. The difference was immediately noticable. The band said things like clean, crisp, clear, good projection, punch, loved the kick and the final comment I got was "you're not going to take it home are you?".
      I have played both amps for the past 3 yrs and would recommend the Peavey over the Roland. The Roland has a nicer setup on inputs/outputs, however, that's what we have had the most problem with. And when it gets fixed, it's short term. Our's is probably an isolated case but when it happens to you, it makes it hard to recommend it.

Depending on your setup, you may have to use direct boxes to feed your V-signal to the amp (as monitor) and FOH (as a balanced, XLR, signal).

When I got my Peavey, it was slighty more $$ than the Roland. And I should warn you, the Peavey is a good 20 lbs heavier. I believe it runs around 85 lbs.

Hope that helps DC.

Thanks for your input Boingo

The Peavey is slightly cheaper in HK.
      KC-500 (HKD$6800) KB/A300 (HKD$5760)

The KB/A have individual EQ for each channel.
      Seems I would take the Peavey ~~~~

Comment

Working...
      X