Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Behringer Ultrawave B300 Two-Way Active Loudspeaker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Behringer Ultrawave B300 Two-Way Active Loudspeaker

I already asked in another thread.....but why not try a more specific thread here... Has anyone heard, tried or know anything about the Behringer Ultrawave B300 Two-Way Active Loudspeakers? I'm have not been able to try these out with the V's but seems as if they should work pretty well.... and more importantly (to me) I can get them for like $350 a piece, so for $700 smackers, thats (2) 300 watt Active cab's with 15's...... I would add a BBE, and a small behringer mixer and still be under a thousand bucks....

Anyone have any experience with these speaker's? Thoughts? Suggestions? Anything?

Thank you guys for your time,
    Mike
    Electronics: TD-10(TDW-1),V-Concert, KD-120.

Acoustics: 6pc Pearl Master's, 5pc Pearl BLX, 4pc Precision Drum Co. Kit, Zildjian K Custom Dark Ride, Zildjian New Beats, Sabian hh Dark Crashes and Splashes, Wuhan China, Zildjian 20" Swizzle, DW Pedals, Remo Heads, Pro-Mark sticks

I think they are too weak for e-drums (output, speaker configuration)

Next: the Behringer products aren't always on stock (the children in china don't always want to work). Sometimes you need to wait months for a Behringer product.
    Robert

Comment

Hey Thanks for the input Putt. Although I want to get a setup which is as affordable as possible, I def...would rather spend a little more now, than get these and find out they are weak, or just something that I'm not going to be happy with. I guess what i am looking for is a setup (prefer stereo) that will be versatile enough to act as both a monitor for larger venue's, and able to be used for smaller venue's (bars) as stand alone drum PA. Thanks for the input. I also know that I really dont want to be stuck waiting either!

Guess I will have to consider something else!

Thanks for the input,
      Mike

Acoustics: 6pc Pearl Master's, 5pc Pearl BLX, 4pc Precision Drum Co. Kit, Zildjian K Custom Dark Ride, Zildjian New Beats, Sabian hh Dark Crashes and Splashes, Wuhan China, Zildjian 20" Swizzle, DW Pedals, Remo Heads, Pro-Mark sticks

Comment

If money is the problem (it always is) you can consider buying something second hand. Anything better than having equipment which doesn't suffice.
        Robert

Comment

You might want to check out the Yamaha MS400's. I have not tried them myself, but we use Yamaha S15 IV's for our mains and monitors and they rock (although highly directional). The MS400 looks like Yamaha's attempt to compete with the Mackie SRM450, and might be worth a look. I've seen them at GC for $399. Really, I don't work there, but just hang out there and Samash all the time, looking for good deals on equipment.

PS. I've learned over the years not to ask anyone at the stores their opinion about anything, because it really doesn't matter what they say. Just listen to the equipment and cut the best deal you can, wherever you can, and get their return policy stated in writing on the receipt. Some places have restrictions on pro-audio gear stated in the fine print of their official policies. This site is pretty good for actual user views on what works well and what doesn't.

Comment

Hey thanks for the input Bagman....I think I am going to try and check out the Yamaha MS400's.....see if I can find anyone who has them around me and bring in my td-10 see how they sound. I have actually owned two Yamaha Cab's 15" w/horns for about 10 years now, they work great and haven't had any problems with them.....Its just that they are way to big, and way to heavy....just looking to get something a little more portable, which the ones i already have arent.

Comment

Working...
            X