Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

YAMAHA DTX V.2 or ROLAND TD-8???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• YAMAHA DTX V.2 or ROLAND TD-8???

I have a ROLAND TD-8 electronic drum module w/PD-9 dual trigger pads,etc, and I also have a YAMAHA DTX V.2 w/DS11 kit. I would like to know your opinions of which is the better, and please explain why. I'm a guitarist not a drummer, so am not as keen as you players out there on it's individual capabilities. I plan on using this mostly for recording/composing, and practice as well. Also opinions on pads. I appreciate you sharing your knowledge. Thanks!

TD-8 because of the great sound and sensitive trigger inputs. (much better with mesh)
    DTX because of it's ability in the Midi department

Put em bothtogether.
    G

Comment

I don't understand the question: if you already do have both, then you know which is the better one yourself? I mean: personal taste is the most important thing, not?

Theoretically, I would go for the Roland td-8. More contemporary sounds, room settings, sequencer, and the triggering (sensitivity/dynamics) standards from this century.
      Robert

Comment

Thanks for your op's so far. Keep 'em coming. Sounds like the TD-8 is better w/triggering sensitivity, but the DTX gets points for flexibility, etc. Maybe I will put them both together on my recently acquired huge Gibralter rack stand.

Comment

Working...
        X