Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

td7 and td8 mp3 downloads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• td7 and td8 mp3 downloads

hi. sorry to bother again but

does anyone know where to get downloads in mp3 of the td7 and the td8 so that i can hear the difference in sound?

if anyone could let me know it would be a big help (my local drum shop doesn't let you trial the e-kits)

Originally posted by bweir96:
    (my local drum shop doesn't let you trial the e-kits)
    What?! Go to another store!

I don't have mp3 for you, I can only tell you from my own experience.
    I played live with the TD-7 for a couple of years and for that time it was ok for me.
    Most of the sounds are not bad at all, but the samples of the TD-8 are much much better.
    Further the TD-7 has only 512 sounds and the TD-8 more than 1000.

Groeten,

PEter

------------------
    My bands: Meneer Van Zanten and The Shed (sorry, both in Dutch but you can see the pictures and listen to our songs)
    My bands: Meneer Van Zanten and The Shed (sorry, both in Dutch but you can see the pictures, videoclips and listen to our songs)

Comment

I agree with Peter, go to another store.

Playing a kit tells you so much more on whether you will like it or not.
      I've heard crappy sounding mp3's of ddrum and fine sounding mp3's of vdrums, but I'd never spend so much money on vdrums if I could get ddrum for it (not meant to offense anyone, just my personal preference).

Try it out yourself!

------------------
      My Personal homepage - MPCman's E-drum Picsite! currently with 12 profiles
      Music was my first love...

Comment

You can hear my unaccompanied td-8 at: http://navinthejerk0.tripod.com/navinshideaway/

You might also want to check out the links in this thread: http://www.vdrums.com/discussion/For...ML/000284.html

However, I agree that listening to some crappy mp3 (mine included) is no way to pick a sound module. You will need to find a store that will let you compare these products in person.

Check out my music: http://www.myspace.com/kellypaletta

Comment

I will tell you right now that if you buy a TD-7 you will be wishing you had gotten the TD-8 soon after you get it. The 8 is far better than the 7 especially in the cymbal sounds. I used a 7 before I got my 10, which I sold to the church, and about 2 months of playing the 7 at church I started bringing my 10 because I could not deal with the sounds on the 7. The 7 as a secondary unit is OK it has layering which is cool and the gun shot sound is better then any of the other Roland brains. As a primary brain it is old. If money is an issue I would recomend the TD-6 about $400 for a cheaper alternative.

------------------
          Ted H.
          www.tocsinrocks.com
          Ted H.

Comment

thanks for all the responses.

in regard to checking it out at a store the sittuation is this.

there is really only two drum shops in my city with e-drums. one shop (my local) has a td8 vdrum kit (the one with the small pads) and a new td10 v-session. The other shop again has a td8 with the small pads. Therefore (and id be surprised if anyone else knows a shop that still has a td7) there is no opportunity to try a td7. However through my local trading post (paper with secondhand ads) people often sell td7s considerably cheaper than vdrums with td8s which is why im leaning towards it. I spose if i can wait long enough ill get the td8.

thanks for the replies.

Comment

Working...
            X