Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

td7 or td8?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• td7 or td8?

Im looking into purchasing a second hand roland and if i want to get a td 8 it could take quite a while longer (i have enough to get a td7)

my question is: is the sounds etc on a td8 that much better than td7, i havent played a td7 however ive played a td8 and they sound really good.

Originally posted by bweir96:

my question is: is the sounds etc on a td8 that much better than td7, i havent played a td7 however ive played a td8 and they sound really good.
    I used a TD-7 for a long time, now I use the TD-10. The sounds of the TD-10 (that are comparable to the TD-8) are much better.
    What I dislike the most of the TD-7 are the crash sounds. It doesn’t matter if you hit a pad soft or hard, you always hear a sample of a crash that is hitting hard. If you want to make nice crescendo rolls on your crashes, they sound awful.

The triggering of the TD-7 with pd-100/pd-120/pd-80 pads is not very accurate.
    The TD-7 is and old model (came out in 1994) and is not very compatible with the new stuff that came out after that.
    If you can choose between a TD-7 and a TD-8 and money is not the issue here, then choose the TD-8.
    I still use the TD-7, but only as a trigger interface for the PD-7 and PD-9 pads.

Groeten,

Peter

------------------
    My bands: Meneer Van Zanten and The Shed (sorry, both in Dutch but you can see the pictures and listen to our songs)
    My bands: Meneer Van Zanten and The Shed (sorry, both in Dutch but you can see the pictures, videoclips and listen to our songs)

Comment

Get the TD-8 if at all possible!!!!!
      I'm a drummer. I don't play the timpani! Hire a percussionist!!!

Comment

Owned both, get the td 8.

------------------
        Jeff, using...
        td 8,PD-120,
        pintech pads,gibraltor rack, JBL G2 EON 15 AND Mackie srs-1500, BBE 462 yamaha maple customs, remo jazz kit, buttloads of cymbals... 96 Tahoe,leather.
        The original Gig Pig.

Comment

You can always go for the TD-6 it is cheaper then the 8 and has a lot of the functions that the 8 has. Plus it has way better cymbal sounds then the 7.

------------------
          Ted H.
          www.tocsinrocks.com
          Ted H.

Comment

Working...
          X