Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TD-8 vs. TD-10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TD-8 vs. TD-10

I'm of the opposite feeling. I love the td-10 (expanded) and the td-8 is just ok to me. The TD-10 seems to have a lot more GOOD sounds that I can make a lot of vaired kits with, where the td-8 has some good ones, but only a few in each category that seem usable to me. I have the td-10 exp at home and I use the td-8 at church (with multiple outputs for board processing).

redbrick
    My Updated Website: https://blades.technology

Comment

It's all a matter of budget and needs. If you can afford the exorbitant price of the TD-10, and you desire the extra features, buy it. Can't afford it or don't need it, buy something else. The TD-8 meets most peoples needs and $ for $ it would appear to be a best buy. That is a large part of the reason many people prefer or recommend it.

I got the TD-10 before the TD-8 was offered. Now that I am used to the few extra features, I like them and am not anxious to give them up. I also like the larger pads that come with the V-Pro. While I may think that makes the brain and the kit that comes with it superior to the V-Custom, the fact is it is purly personal taste and to state one is better than the other is absurd.

So, listen to what others have to say and promptly forget it.

And while I'm on my soap box...

hehehe.....

Kit Pic 1 Kit Pic 2 Kit Pic 3... And FOR SALE I have: 3 PD-9's, MDS-10 purple rack w/cables/pad and cym mounts. See classified posts for details or PM me.

Comment

TD-10 exp all the way. I use both and the TD-8 just doesn't cut it for me. I can't seem to get the sounds tweaked as easy as I can on the TD-10. The 8 outs on the TD-10 is the best for recording just plug and play.

------------------
        Ted H.
        www.tocsinrocks.com
        Ted H.

Comment

I personally prefer the 'air drums'. I never miss a beat and they sound as good as I want them too.
          Steve

'I only ever quote myself - except when I quote someone else' - me

, plenty of , and , , triggered acoustics, , and a plethora of PA blah blah freakin blah...I mean does anyone care about the specifics of pedals, speakers, processors, hardware or anything that I'm using?? :confused: Hmmm, maybe this is an appropriate place to mention that I tried out a new cymbal stand the other day...

Comment

Originally posted by Boingo:
            And while I'm on my soap box...

hehehe.....

LOL! What a knucklehead!! Is there really a BoinGo setting on your TD-10?! LMAO!!

------------------
            Thanx. Alex & me V's! http://photos.yahoo.com/flexapr
            Thanx. Alex & me V's! http://photos.yahoo.com/flexapr

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander:
              Is there really a BoinGo setting on your TD-10?!
              Absolutely! It's my favorite kit! It does get tweaked from time to time. I have to confess; I've been attending Tweakers Anonymous.
              Kit Pic 1 Kit Pic 2 Kit Pic 3... And FOR SALE I have: 3 PD-9's, MDS-10 purple rack w/cables/pad and cym mounts. See classified posts for details or PM me.

Comment

My opinion (borrowed):

10 is more, isn't it? I mean more than 8. I mean it's two more then, isn't it?

When you're onstage, and you're all the way up...what have you got? You've got 8, that's what you've got ...8. Where can you go from there? Nowhere, ...you're at 8, aren't you?

But if you've got then the 10.......
                Immensely powerful yet with a liquid cat-quick elegance

Comment

Mine goes to 11.

Comment

Regards
                    Nisse "smell the glove" Nas

Comment

another great quote from that movie.......MIME IS MONEY....
                      -i can levitate birds and no one cares-----------V-CONCERT,CY12H-CY15R/SPD-20-XP-60 V-STUDIO 1824CD,DAUZ PADS,NO RYTHYM AND MISC.CRAP 9"HART SPLASH/AKAI S5000/ASSLOAD OF SAMPLES

Comment

I think the TD-8 would sound better if it were done in Doubly .....

One of my all-time favorite movies!

"How many times do I have to tell them--it's Spinal Tap first and then the puppets."

"Mr. Derek Smalls on the bass! He wrote this!"

I sometimes wonder how much more black the TD-10 could be, and the answer is....none. None more black......

[This message has been edited by Mick Wade (edited March 29, 2002).]
                        TD-30 / SPD-SX

Comment

Nisse Nas, when the td-10 came out it was a smashing module for its time. Only: we had to wait long for the expansion board.

In the meantime Roland released the TD-8 with specs like:
                          - more sounds
                          - some better sounds
                          - larger sequencer (with songs)
                          - without the weak td-10 compressor and without some effects.
                          - without the COSM edits, which were discussable on the td-10 (turning a piccolo into a 36 inch deep snare).

All: for less money.

Okay, now the TDW-1 expansion board is there, people are still happy with the td-10. But don't forget you pay another $ 240 for it. And: there won't be a TDW-2 expansion.

Still need effects and more inputs? Go for the td-10. But I can imagine a TD-8 with a Lexicon MPX-100 will do the job as well. For less money.
                          Robert

Comment

Are there really more sounds in the TD-8? I know number wise there are, but isn't that because every snare on the TD-8 needs 3(Brass, wood, and steel) of them to equal 1 on the TD-10!! The question should really be: How many more sounds are there really??

------------------
                            Ted H.
                            www.tocsinrocks.com
                            Ted H.

Comment

Working...
                            X