Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Hi-hat Solutions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi-hat Solutions

Hello,

If you're like me, you've driven yourself to drink (rum of course) looking for an acceptable hi-hat pad for the TD-8. Going through the PD-7, PD-9, CY-12H, and even the PD-100, it didn't look promising. The PD-7/9 pads are too loud and rigid. The PD-100 is too bouncy and looks suspect. And the infamous CY-12H wouldn't track double strokes properly on my TD-8. What a bummer, to say the least.

Well I have finally found a "near-perfect" hi-hat solution: the new CY-12RC! This pad triggers great, feels great, and looks great, with low stick noise taboot. Just mount it on a short cymbal boom from a lower position, as some people have done with the CY-6. The only downside is that the bell part of the cymbal takes up a good portion of the total playing surface, but you quickly get used to it. And since I prefer the bow/edge configuration, when I accidentally hit the bell it triggers the bow sound anyway. All in all, the CY-12RC makes the perfect hi-hat. IMHO of course. What a pleasant surprise.

For those who don't have (or plan on acquiring) a CY-12RC, the CY-14C works just as well, although it looks a bit out of proportion with the rest of the kit. I actually used the CY-14C as hi-hat for about 3 months before purchasing the CY-12RC, and was quite happy with it.
    Roland TD-20 v1.08, various v-drums and v-cymbals, Yamaha KP65's, Axis pedals, Gibraltar hardware, Mackie 1202/SRM450 (pre-china)

Thanks, c. jude.

Now, what happened to the 10", 16", and 18" models?
    Roland TD-20 v1.08, various v-drums and v-cymbals, Yamaha KP65's, Axis pedals, Gibraltar hardware, Mackie 1202/SRM450 (pre-china)

Comment

Working...
    X