Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

TD-6,8,10 MP3 demo??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TD-6,8,10 MP3 demo??

Hi!

I wonder if anyone knows where I can find a mp3 demo of the TD6,8 and 10.
    I like to compare sounds here at home before I decide what to buy. I have tried and played the ddrum 4, TD6 and 10, And the DTXPRESS. As far as Alesis go I have only heard a pretty awful mp3 demo. The ddrum 4 SE mp3 demos are impressive indeed!

Regards
    Nisse

Some of the demos at hartdynamics.com are done with Roland modules, although the pads are Hart's own. Might want to check those out

Comment

There are some TD-10 demos on this site.

One warning: mp3 files from demos always sound better than the module does in real life. The sounds are sequenced, the dynamics are electronically set to their maximum (quite different from when you play with pads) etc. etc.
      Robert

Comment

Ditto that, c.jude. I think Putt might actually have meant the opposite, that the module always sounds better than the mp3. Surely it's a typo.

Comment

i notice many people on this site seem to think mp3's are always an inferior medium. can you guys really tell the difference between an mp3 encoded at a extremnely high rate and a cd track on a good sound system? i find it tough to believe since mp3 compression is based on psychoacoustical understanding of how the average human ear responds to a range of frequencies and my experience with drummers is that we don't all have the sharpest hearing after so many years of banging away. computer speakers, of course, are another matter.

ps: i think putt really does think the mp3's sound better - he has said this before. but i think he is refering to the overall listening experience rather then just the quality of the sounds.

[This message has been edited by digitsone (edited March 20, 2002).]

Comment

Originally posted by digitsone:
            ps: i think putt really does think the mp3's sound better - he has said this before. but i think he is refering to the overall listening experience rather then just the quality of the sounds.
            Yes. In general mp3 demos (also the demos inside a module) differ from the pad playing. And demos are made under most ideal circumstances (logical - it's for marketing the product).

I was very impressed when I heard the Vdrum demos with all those room settings, instruments playing (bass, synth) and perfect dynamics (perhaps they programmed the demo on value 10 which make the accents on value 127 really much louder). But when I listened to the drums only it was ehh.. ehhmm.. different.

So: playing a drumkit in real life with drumsticks and a decent sound system is the best way to go.
            Robert

Comment

Working...
            X