Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

TD8KV Cymbals?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TD8KV Cymbals?

What are the 2 v-cymbals models that comes with the new TD8KV V-Custom set? I am about to by it and would like to know if they are 3-zones triggerring cymbals or not? I don't want to have to buy an extra v-cymbals to get a ride!

Thank you very much,
    Kornalius.

i believe the only 3-zone cymbal is the cy-15r ride cymbal, which does not come with this kit. sorry.

Comment

How will I get a ride then on this kit without buying another v-cymbals.

Comment

I believe the updated v-custom kit comes with two CY-12 cymabal pads and a PD-7 for the hi-hat.
        Roland TD-12, Pearl DRX-1 tom and snare pads, Roland PD-8 pads for cymbals, DW pedals and stands, Pearl and Gibraltar hardware

Comment

Originally posted by kornalius:
          How will I get a ride then on this kit without buying another v-cymbals.
          You use one of the supplied cymbal pads for crash use and the other one as ride.

------------------
          My Personal homepage
          MPCman's E-drum Picsite!
          Music was my first love...

Comment

To the best of my knowledge, the TD8 doesn't support triple-zone pads, which is probably why one is not included

Comment

Thanks for the info Harlock!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Harlock:
                'Triple' zone pads can be plugged into any module that has two open FSR inputs........
                Plug the two stereo leads into 2 FSR inputs (inputs n4 to input n10 on the TD-8) and turn one of the two input's head instrument off...
                You have a triple zone pad!

This has been discussed many times before, please use the board's search engine...
                Yeah, I know this, but it doesn't officially support it. When you plug like this, you will have to manually set up what sound you want on the third zone of the ride. I suspect that is why the unit is shipped with all dual-zones. Well, and perhaps to keep prices down, I don't know.

[This message has been edited by Private Viper (edited March 18, 2002).]

Comment

Working...
                X