Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

trigger td-10 sounds with a dd-50

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trigger td-10 sounds with a dd-50

that little yamaha drum machine....says it has midi capability.i want to use it for cowbells and such......
    -i can levitate birds and no one cares-----------V-CONCERT,CY12H-CY15R/SPD-20-XP-60 V-STUDIO 1824CD,DAUZ PADS,NO RYTHYM AND MISC.CRAP 9"HART SPLASH/AKAI S5000/ASSLOAD OF SAMPLES

It's not bad, but the sensitivity is a lot less than the v-drums, which makes it difficult to use them together. But as a simple (& cheap!) percussion addition, they'll do fine

Comment

Originally posted by Pleiadian:
      It's not bad, but the sensitivity is a lot less than the v-drums, which makes it difficult to use them together. But as a simple (& cheap!) percussion addition, they'll do fine
      I use a DD11 which is the previous generation...yes the pad feel isnt great but for 8 more pads it is hard to beat. I am having a little trouble assigning pads and storing them with a kit but then again I am a novice at MIDI and the Vdrum module.
      I have the ability to learn from my mistakes...I have learned alot to day!!!

The Captain

Comment

cool i appreciate the info.... i figured for gongs and cowbells and the like....sensitivity would'nt be an ongoing issue as i tend to do violent,evil things to a gong or belltree.... one hit,and i move on haha
        -i can levitate birds and no one cares-----------V-CONCERT,CY12H-CY15R/SPD-20-XP-60 V-STUDIO 1824CD,DAUZ PADS,NO RYTHYM AND MISC.CRAP 9"HART SPLASH/AKAI S5000/ASSLOAD OF SAMPLES

Comment

TD6 and DD50

I have a V-club kit, and have been trying to use the Yamaha DD50 to trigger the TD6 sounds. I've messed with the Midi channels in both the TD6 and DD50, and have had some success. But not all of the 7 pads will be recognized all of the time.

Here's what I have done.

TD-6

Ch-10 Priority -- have tried Kit and Perc.
          Midi Part -- have tried Ch 5 and 6

I have disabled the sounds in the DD50, and assigned both Ch 5 and 6 to the various pads. The most I can get is 5 pads working, and two of those five don't change ID in the TD6 screen when struck, and they sound an already assigned pad sound.

Has anyone around here had any experience with this ??

Any and all, greatly appreceated...
          TD-6, TD-8, CC101,102, Zenbals, Yamaha DD50, '72 Gremlin, mirror crystal.

Comment

Working...
          X