Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What to choose?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nisse Nas
    replied
    Yeah it might be a good idea actually! Are the Pintech pads good? Better than Hart?
    I was thinking of getting myself a used DTXPRESS brain aswell in order to get all those extra gizmo features.
    Have anyone tried to use Halion or Giga sampler togehter with your e-drums?

Regards
    Nisse

Leave a comment:

• puttenvr
    replied
    You dislike plastic sounds (you say) and you prefer mesh headed pads. On the other hand you think the ddrum4 is expensive for what you get.

Ever thought of getting a used ddrum4 with some pintech mesh headed pads?

Leave a comment:

• Nisse Nas
    replied

Leave a comment:

• digitsone
    replied
    i guess the question for me is: do you really need a module or would you be happy with the roland pads, a triggering interface and your xv synth?

Leave a comment:

• Nisse Nas
    replied
    Yes I do like the Yamaha sounds better, they just seems to be smoother samples and not so "plastic" as the V-drum samples, this is somewhat strange though since the Roland Dynamic Drums Exp board for the XV series are sounding really, really good. Roland have good samples in-house but are not using the for the V-drums.....wierd :/
    On the other hand as I said I really like the feel of the Roland pads.....tricky stuff...

Regards
    Nisse

Leave a comment:

• IndustrialDrummer
    replied
    It seems you prefer the yamaha sounds to roland sounds, which is fine. You're the one who has to play it, so get what YOU want. Pintech makes some kits with mesh heads, and I think they're a little cheaper. I do like Harts cymbal triggers, based solely on looks, since I haven't tried them. Something about having real looking cymbals on an electronic kit.

Leave a comment:

• Nisse Nas
    replied

Leave a comment:

• digitsone
    replied
    what about getting something like a few roland pads, a tmc-6 or two and just using that xv-3080? would be alot cheaper then investing in a module with sounds you don't like. there are several people here who primarily use the module as a trigger-to-midi interface ....

it's hard to get a sense of how much you're willing to spend since your hypotheticals are all over the pricing map.

Leave a comment:

• Nisse Nas
    started a topic What to choose?????

What to choose?????

Working...
X