Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

ddrum triggers and Yamaha DTX/Xpress brain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ddrum triggers and Yamaha DTX/Xpress brain

Hi !

Has anyone used the ddrum redshot triggers with the DTX and/or the DTXPRESS brain?
    Does it work or are the ddrum 4 brain required to make it work properly?

Regards
    Nisse

I have a DDrum RedShot kick trigger (and ddurm4 pads) and it works fine both with my DDrum4 module (of course) and my DMPro. I thik there should be no problems using them with a DTX module.

------------------
    Gústi
    Digiculture
    Iceland
    Gústi
    Digiculture
    Iceland

Comment

Thanx !
      I wonder wich module you prefer, the ddrum 4 or the Alesis? I am about to get me a e-drum kit for use on tour and practice but I am very confused what to choose.
      My ideal setup looks something like this:
      Hart pro pads with DTX module and using my Roland 3080 with the Dynamic Drums expansion.
      It´s a pity that the Harst products semms impossible to buy within Europe.

Suggestions?

Regards
      Nisse

Comment

I can get Hart products here in Iceland (wich IS a part of Europe mind you) and if there is no reseller you can contact, Peter Hart would propably be happy to help you out. Just give the guy a call.
        Module wise I think for most people the DDrum is better than DMPro. The DDrum sounds better out-of-the-box, has a better trigger system and is far more easy to use. On the other hand the DMPro is far more flexible and if properly tweaked can give you better sounds than the DDrum. However I think for touring that DDrum would be better, more reliable. Ultimately I think the DDrum/DMPro combo may be the best setup available (yeah I know this is a Roland deticated site and we are discussing DDrum/Alesis/Yamaha/Hart, but remember this is only my opinion, Roland products are also great :-), it has the superb trigger interface and stock sounds of DDrum, the flexibility and effects of DMPro, 26 trigger inputs and twelve outputs.

I'd prefer the combo. My ultimate setup would be DDrum4/DMPro, DDrum4 pads, RedShot trigger on a 22" kick, Hart cymbals and a Hart/Visu-lite Hihat combo (explained in a topic I posted a few days back). I will post pictures once I have got the Hart stuff.

A guy I know has a Hart Pro kit and DTXtreme module and says it works great, I haven't tried the setup yet but I believe him.

Hope this helps.

------------------
        Gústi
        Digiculture
        Iceland
        Gústi
        Digiculture
        Iceland

Comment

Thanx for your posting!

Well...Yeah, I´ll take the risk and make a fool of myself. Are Iceland part of the European Union then? Ordering whitin the Union will be cheap since ther´s no forigen VAT and/or customs fee to pay.

Are you only using the Kick trigger from ddrum?

Regards
          Nisse

Comment

Yes and no.

Iceland is 'kind of' in the European Union, please don't let me explain that, I'll check on the VAT/Customs thing, hopefully we can get you the Hart stuff without the price going up too much. Where do you live (in what country)?

I have used the kick trigger with both the DDrum and DMPro and it has given me no problems. However I find it works slightly better with DDrum and no wonder since it's made for exactly that.

------------------
            Gústi
            Digiculture
            Iceland
            Gústi
            Digiculture
            Iceland

Comment

Ok! That would be very kind.
              I live in Sweden and it´s impossible to get hold of the Hart productline here, ddrum on the other hand is just around the corner (company based at Södermalm in Stockholm).

BTW, I just listened to the factory demos from the DMPro and they sounded quite awful,I guess that a lot of tweaking is involved to make it rock. The toms sounded particularly bad, like they were played with a machinegun ra-ta-ta-ta-ta.....No dynamics whatsoever.I hope this is only due to bad programming of the factory demos.

Regards
              Nisse

Comment

Originally posted by digiculture / Gústi:
                I will post pictures once I have got the Hart stuff.

Put them up on MPC's site!
                DIY!!! www.mosphat.com/drumcas

Comment

I'll check with my distributor on the prices if this can be done. I will know by next week. Remember: I can't promise anything but I'll check.

The DMPro factory demos suck, especially the part that is supposed to be metal. Getting this module to sound great takes a lot of tweaking, since all the metal/hard rock kits that come standard in the factory presets are crap. Like I said it takes a bit of work, but the DMPro can give you everything you want (er, I mean e-drum-wise so don't get any bizzarre ideas). I might have some sound demos of my kit soon so you'll see what I mean.

------------------
                  Gústi
                  Digiculture
                  Iceland
                  Gústi
                  Digiculture
                  Iceland

Comment

I'll check with my distributor on the prices if this can be done. I will know by next week. Remember: I can't promise anything but I'll check.

The DMPro factory demos suck, especially the part that is supposed to be metal. Getting this module to sound great takes a lot of tweaking, since all the metal/hard rock kits that come standard in the factory presets are crap. Like I said it takes a bit of work, but the DMPro can give you everything you want (er, I mean e-drum-wise so don't get any bizzarre ideas). I might have some sound demos of my kit soon so you'll see what I mean.

------------------
                    Gústi
                    Digiculture
                    Iceland
                    Gústi
                    Digiculture
                    Iceland

Comment

Working...
                    X