Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Visu-lite/Hart hihat combo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visu-lite/Hart hihat combo?

Hi all.

I'm thinking of buying a new hihat for my DMPro. I have been looking at all the products I can find and have noticed that some of you use Visu-lites. There is a thing called Visu-Lite RHC-100 (RealHihatController). If I understand correctly this controller is attached to the hihat stand and does not intefere with the hat itself. So I am wondering if it is possible to use a Hart 12" crash without choke for top and another without the trigger for bottom and the Visu-Lite RHC100 controller for the pedal, all mounted on a regular hihat stand for the ultimate open/closed feel?

Anyone?

Gústi
    Digiculture
    Iceland
    Gústi
    Digiculture
    Iceland

This should work well. I bought the whole
    rig from Visu-Lite (i.e. RHC-100 & 14" hihat
    cymbal triggers).
    I love the RHC-100. I don't love the 14" hihats because they "clap" when you close
    the hihat. I think the Hart metal hihats
    will work much better.

Comment

Originally posted by zgeo01:
      I love the RHC-100. I don't love the 14" hihats because they "clap" when you close
      the hihat.
      Hi and thanks for replying. If I understand correctly the RHC-100 is attached to the stand and does not connect to the hat cymbals in any way so you could use it as a stand-alone pedal and/or use it with the Hart Ecymbal II hihat. Do you have a picture of the controller? There are none at the Visu-Lite website, only of the hat itself. There are no Visu-Lite resellers in Iceland so the only way for me to try out the controller is to buy it and I'd just love to be sure about how exactly it works first.
      On the other hand, have you tried self adhesive velcro (the soft side only) for the clap problem? If you put some on the bottom cymbal only it should soften up the noise.

Thanks again.

------------------
      Gústi
      Digiculture
      Iceland
      Gústi
      Digiculture
      Iceland

Comment

Working...
      X