Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

white v session rack color

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• white v session rack color

Hello,

I am new to V-drums and v drumming (but not to drumming). It appears as though you guys have an excellent resource here as I have been looking through the archives to answer all my questions.

Last night my V-session arrived. I got the white set but the rack is purple, is this the way it is supposed to be or did I get something screwed up? I remember that a few years ago the white drums came with a black rack. BTW is the color of the purple drums about the color of the purple rack?

Thanks so much,

Brian
    Brian

hi brian,

to the best of my recollection, the purple rack is now the standard rack. i think they improved somewhat on it over the original v-pro rack. does it have ridges running laterally down the rack for grip? that was one of people's main complaints about the original v-rack.

IMO, the purple drums are more of a blue color - much more blue, at least, then you rack.

have fun!

[This message has been edited by digitsone (edited February 27, 2002).]

Comment

If you don't like the color of the rack you could always paint it. Or better yet, put grey foam pipe insulation around it. It could double as a cord snake.
      E-drums: TD-20, RT-5S triggers on snare/toms, KD-7s, VH12, CY-14Cs, CY-15R, Pintech splash.
      A-drums: Zickos (amber) w/ all Zildjians.

Comment

Brian,

I am glad to hear the V Session W rack is purple. Some on-line stores had it listed with a white rack.

The purple pipes are the same as the V Pro and V concert (steel with a dark purple powder coat; no ridges). The V Session Red rack is ridged anodized red aluminum. The ridges are neccessary as the anodized aluminum is very slick.The clamps grip the powder coat much better w/out the need for ridges.

The Purple pads do look blue on the Roland site but are very purple in person.

Comment

Originally posted by cliff:
          The Purple pads do look blue on the Roland site but are very purple in person.
          that's interesting. my opinion is exactly the opposite. these look pretty purple to me:
          http://www.rolandus.com/PRODUCTS/IMAGES/V-Concert_L.jpg

i found them to be a nice - slightly purplish - blue in person. i actually think they are the most attractive of the three options but i am pretty sure i am in the minority. then again, noone has ever accused v-drums of having cutting edge visual design.

you say tomayto, i say tomahto ...

Comment

I was reffering to the "new" photo of the purple V Session. They look alittle blueish to me. Anyway, I like the white pads and have sold the red V Session and will be ordering the white one next week.

Comment

The rack does not have any ridges on it, the tag on it showed that it was the one that comes with the V-concert. I just didn't know if I should have gotten a black rack since nothing else on the drums are purple and it kinda looks out of place. I may paint it someday but I just wanted to make sure I had gotten the right thing.

Brian
              Brian

Comment

Brian,
                If you don't mind me asking, where did you buy the white v session and what did you pay? I am more interested in where than how much (if you would rather not reveal the price you paid).
                Cliff

Comment

Originally posted by cliff:
                  Brian,
                  If you don't mind me asking, where did you buy the white v session and what did you pay? I am more interested in where than how much (if you would rather not reveal the price you paid).
                  Cliff
                  Cliff,

I got it from Drums in the Wind, a division of the woodwind and brasswind (800-348-5003 www.wwandbw.com) for $4395 plus $50 shipping.

Brian

Brian

Comment

i happen to own a concert set and they are midnight blue w/ a slight purple hue.........if theyre purple i'm the pope...........
                    -i can levitate birds and no one cares-----------V-CONCERT,CY12H-CY15R/SPD-20-XP-60 V-STUDIO 1824CD,DAUZ PADS,NO RYTHYM AND MISC.CRAP 9"HART SPLASH/AKAI S5000/ASSLOAD OF SAMPLES

Comment

Roland used to list their now purple rack in an old v-drum catalog as navy. So a purple/blue mix is probably accurate.

Comment

Brian,
                        A couple of questions. Are the 100/120 pad mounts still white? Have they added the black spacers between the lugs and shells of the 100/120's? BTW, the white pro pads never came with a black rack. It has always been purple/blue.
                        Cliff

[This message has been edited by cliff (edited March 01, 2002).]

Comment

Cliff,

The mounts are white and I can see no spacer between the lugs and the shell.

Brian
                          Brian

Comment

Working...
                          X