Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

hi hat satisfaction Roland vs Hart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hi hat satisfaction Roland vs Hart

YO, e-drum-heads:

recently been tuning up my new hart Studio BX/td-8,(congradgulate me) and despite being gacked about the kit in general, am a bit disappointed w/the HH function. Some of this has to do with the td-8 - low volume levels for the foot trigger HH. Okay. but i also find this piece of hart ware a drag, and I wonder if anyone else cares to weigh in here.

The rub: and parenthetically, I've been playing/studying drums for thirty years - jazz and rock,etc. I think I've got technique to spare in this dept: i find playing a consistent moderate tempo pulse on the pedal almost impossible. The triggering is mostly quiet with periodic spikey, louder response.

Likewise to play an open hi-hat fig with the foot (striking the pedal and leaving it loose and open ("psss- psss-pssshhk" rather than simple "chick")consistently is next to impossible.

Finally, striking the HH pad w stick while pedal is on the up swing frequently results in a signal cut-out.

This all makes for at best,unnatural performance, at worst, a really sub par instrument.

I recall that the roland HH pedal was quiet, but i do not remember experiencing the above deficiencies. Additionally, I think the Roland pedal was actually more comfortable, and natural feeling. Truth is its been months...

I agree with Harts claim to a superior product in general, but this one has me... So what-say? i really want to support the Hart people - there're all kind of reasons for an American drum consumer to do so, but not if the hardware is a compromise.

Dude. I had the same concern & was enlightened a few months ago. I use the Roland TD8 & FD7 Hh. There is a setting on the TD8 to increase foot chick volume.

From the Kit Area: Go > Menu (F3), Function (F3), Pedal (F2), & jack the volume up to where you want it. Lemme know what you've settled on too, please. I have mine @ 12, a tad above default.
    Thanx. Alex & me V's! http://photos.yahoo.com/flexapr

Comment

Yeah, page 81. 0-15 volume scale.

Funny though, other standard kit instruments volumes are increasable to 120 or so (if i'm not mistaken on the height of the scale), for the TD 8.

Yesterday I discovered that the td 10 "foot-chic" volume is also increasable on this higher scale.

So, for anyone compiling a top 50 most important differences between the 8 and 10 ....

Otherwise, no more comments out there on actual pedal performance?

Really amazing.

Comment

Working...
      X