Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

hi hat satisfaction Roland vs Hart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hi hat satisfaction Roland vs Hart

YO, e-drum-heads:

recently been tuning up my new hart Studio BX/td-8,(congradgulate me) and despite being gacked about the kit in general, am a bit disappointed w/the HH function. Some of this has to do with the td-8 - low volume levels for the foot trigger HH. Okay. but i also find this piece of hart ware a drag, and I wonder if anyone else cares to weigh in here.

The rub: and parenthetically, I've been playing/studying drums for thirty years - jazz and rock,etc. I think I've got technique to spare in this dept: i find playing a consistent moderate tempo pulse on the pedal almost impossible. The triggering is mostly quiet with periodic spikey, louder response.

Likewise to play an open hi-hat fig with the foot (striking the pedal and leaving it loose and open ("psss- psss-pssshhk" rather than simple "chick")consistently is next to impossible.

Finally, striking the HH pad w stick while pedal is on the up swing frequently results in a signal cut-out.

This all makes for at best,unnatural performance, at worst, a really sub par instrument.

I recall that the roland HH pedal was quiet, but i do not remember experiencing the above deficiencies. Additionally, I think the Roland pedal was actually more comfortable, and natural feeling. Truth is its been months...

I agree with Harts claim to a superior product in general, but this one has me... So what-say? i really want to support the Hart people - there're all kind of reasons for an American drum consumer to do so, but not if the hardware is a compromise.

Dude. I had the same concern & was enlightened a few months ago. I use the Roland TD8 & FD7 Hh. There is a setting on the TD8 to increase foot chick volume.

From the Kit Area: Go > Menu (F3), Function (F3), Pedal (F2), & jack the volume up to where you want it. Lemme know what you've settled on too, please. I have mine @ 12, a tad above default.
    Thanx. Alex & me V's! http://photos.yahoo.com/flexapr

Comment

Yeah, page 81. 0-15 volume scale.

Funny though, other standard kit instruments volumes are increasable to 120 or so (if i'm not mistaken on the height of the scale), for the TD 8.

Yesterday I discovered that the td 10 "foot-chic" volume is also increasable on this higher scale.

So, for anyone compiling a top 50 most important differences between the 8 and 10 ....

Otherwise, no more comments out there on actual pedal performance?

Really amazing.

Comment

Working...
      X