Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TD-8 bracket/holder with Gibraltar rack...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TD-8 bracket/holder with Gibraltar rack...

where can I purchase the module mount for the td-8 module for use with one of the side rails of the Gibraltar 350C rack??

is it the same thing that Roland uses for mounting to the rack of their V-custom kit??

Yes, the mounting plate is what I need....

I noticed that's available from both Pintech and Roland...

do you use the Roland MDC-10U to mount the stem from the mounting plate to the rack itself...???

or can you use a Gibraltar road clamp to mount the stem to the rack??

thanks for your help, and sorry for the dumb questions, but I'm in unchartered territory here...

Comment

Originally posted by captain54:
      do you use the Roland MDC-10U to mount the stem from the mounting plate to the rack itself...???
      yep.

Originally posted by captain54:
      or can you use a Gibraltar road clamp to mount the stem to the rack??
      yep.

i would go for the pintech - cheaper and just as good (if not better). although, i had the roland plate on a gibraltar rack and it also worked fine.

Comment

thanks for all the info...

I went with the Roland mounting plate and clamp....(this was before I found out about the Sound Percussion clamp however!!)

my next issue is whether or not to mount the module on either the left or right side rail of the 350C Gibraltar, or use my existing Hart Dynamic DM pro rack module mount (which is basically a long aluminum tube connected to a right angle composite clamp attached to the front vertical post of the Gibraltar...

I guess the Roland mdc-7u clamp would just slip over that long tube, although I'm not sure if that would be sort of awkard...

anyone with any cool module mounting tips??

Comment

Working...
        X