Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

just ordered my TD10K - which kick pedal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• just ordered my TD10K - which kick pedal?

Well, what a response... thanks very much. The kit is coming mail order next week so tomorrow I'm shopping for a new kick pedal. Question is, can anyone recommend a make/model & what type of beater should I use with the KD120. Cheers, Stuart.

highly subjective question that will be answered more by your personal needs then anything else. there is, however, a consensus that the mesh kick head is pretty bouncy and that a super-fast pedal can exacerbate the problem. i personally used a dw5000 delta pedal and had to loosen the spring considerably to get a remotely decent feel. if you can get to a music store that retails v's and try a few out, that would obviously be best.

Comment

depends on your style.the iron cobra(tama),for the money and precision,is by far the best single pedal out there.it comes in a double version too but i have'nt tried it.there are two more worth considering if money is no object......dw5002(ad or ah)and the axis(by axis)very expensive.but keep in mind,buddy rich,bohnam,moon,baker..etc.played on pedals we would considered to be crap by todays standards.it's easy to get caught up in hype..but if you can play worth a poop a 70.00 tama will do just fine.....have fun.
      -i can levitate birds and no one cares-----------V-CONCERT,CY12H-CY15R/SPD-20-XP-60 V-STUDIO 1824CD,DAUZ PADS,NO RYTHYM AND MISC.CRAP 9"HART SPLASH/AKAI S5000/ASSLOAD OF SAMPLES

Comment

I use the Pearl Eliminator on my acoustic kit when I do live stuff. It works great on my V's when doing the home thing. I have used the DW products and I think the worksmanship has slipped some. I have also used the Tama iron Cobra and do not care for it.....
        Roland V-Pro TD20 expanded with V Expressions
        Presonus Firepod
        Reaper
        Acoustic- Spaun drums, Dunnett snare & Paiste Signature Series Cymbals.

Comment

Working...
        X