Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

DrumKat DK10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DrumKat DK10

Hey all,

First post here. I know that some of you guys on here use the drumkat, so I have a few questions.

I just scored a drumkat on ebay yesterday. I'll be using it to trigger a DR770 drum machine.

The auction I won doesn't include the foot pedal for editing the drumkat, so my question is - Is the footswitch really necessary to edit, or is there a workaround to this?

If I do need a pedal, what kind do I need? In looking at the DK10 user manual online, it seems to be just like a keyboard sustain pedal...so if anyone can provide some info or can confirm what type of pedal, I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

Wish

I have a DK-10 and I have both the KF1 and the VFP shown on the website. I believe you can buy that VFP from several retailers. I got mine from Pintech. I have not used them other than to trigger the hi-hat.
    I'm a drummer. I don't play the timpani! Hire a percussionist!!!

Comment

I believe you have to have at least 1 pedal to edit anything. Another pedal to switch through the kits. It takes up to 4 pedals. The other two are sustain and an assignable function. I just use two. There are two types of pedals - the drumkat can accept either. The pedals are around 15 bucks.

Good luck with the kat! There's a yahoo support list and a forum on alternatemode.com. Neither are great but it's all we have.

Comment

Yes, pedal input 1 is for the edit pedal, without it you can not enter edit mode, 2 is kit advance, 3 is assignable, motif start/stop, motif home base, reslt alt, sustain on assignable channels, etc.....pedal 4 can do a myriad things,like program changes while playing, volume changes, calling up a specific kit or PC#, ready record mode, etc........There's just too much stuff to go into here. Don't know abot the DK-10, my advice is to save your pennies and get at least a 3.8, you can upgrade the Dk-10 to a pro Drumkat. If you can imagine it, you can do it on a Kat.

[This message has been edited by jrcel (edited February 09, 2002).]
        Drumkat Turbo 4.5, Emulator X3, Superior 2.1, Roland Fantom XR, DTXtreme III, SPD-20 etc.......

Comment

Thanks for the info, guys.

Wish

Comment

Working...
          X