Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Roland Bass Drum Pedal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roland Bass Drum Pedal

I have seen many pictures of Roland drum sets and they always show a kick drum pedal that matches the FD-7. Where can I find these sold? I have searched high and low!!!
    I'm a drummer. I don't play the timpani! Hire a percussionist!!!

I assume Roland modified a pedal. To my knowledge it was never marketed.

Comment

Roland never made bass drum pedals - only the angled/inverted beater.

Any Bassdrum Pedal should work.
      Yamaha,DW,Pearl,Tama etc.

Mick
      www.royfulton.co.uk, www.zendrum.com ,Tempus Drums, Istanbul Agop, Regal Tip, Alesis DMPro, D4,Garageband, HK Powerworks PA

Comment

Well DUH!!!!!

I just thought it would be neat to have one that matched the hat pedal. I wondered if anyone else had looked for one.

Comment

Yes, that would be the better idea. I could probably sacrifice a Pearl P100 and put the part on the FD-7.

What do you think about the new FD-6? Is it any better?

While we are on the subject of HH pedals, I use a DK-10 with a Roland module and the only way the DK-10 will produce an open HH sound is if the module HH pedal is in the same position. I teach drums with this setup and it is annoying to try to demonstrate HH techniques when the pedals won't work correctly (I play the Kat). What do you know about this, oh doctor of drums?

Comment

I probably need to try a splitter and have both HH pedals plugged directly into the Roland module. The module HH pedal seems to be the one in control. Sometimes I take the DK-10 and just the module to practice sessions and I have noticed a difference whether I plug the kick into the DK-10 or the module iteslf. Nothing like good old experimentation.

Comment

No Hat Kat. I have a VFP-1 pedal I got from Pintech. It does the same thing with the spare FD-7 I have. I just use the VFP-1 because it is more portable.

Comment

This might actually be a problem with the TD-7 I am using. That problem will go away in a few days when my new TD-6 arrives (that I got fron Synthplanet for $385.05)

Comment

I'm not sure about the DK-10, but I think it's like a Drumkat 3.5-4.6 in that you train the pedal to the CV input on the side of the machine {drumkat}. You can use an FD-7 with a pro Drumkat which will send any CV message including unregistered commands. The DK-10 only sends open, closed and foot chick, not sure about foot spash. In regards to the Dk-10 hi-hat only being open when the FD-7 s open, the Roland module is only able to accept one CV# command at a time so when you close the FD-7, the sound is closed no matter how many secondary open commands it recieves. It will stay this way until the primary CV pedal sends the open voltage to the module, the primay pedal is the one plugged directly into the module. Hey, you asked.

[This message has been edited by jrcel (edited February 07, 2002).]
                  Drumkat Turbo 4.5, Emulator X3, Superior 2.1, Roland Fantom XR, DTXtreme III, SPD-20 etc.......

Comment

So if you connected two FD-7's to the module with a spiltter, what would happen? Inquiring minds want to know. :-)

Comment

I've got a dk-10 and I plug the fd-7 directly into the dk-10 with no problems.

Jrcel, maybe it's because my dk-10 is kinda old, but it won't autotrain with a roland module. (the td-7 is the only one listed in the book)

Comment

I don't own a DK10 so I don't know if you can train the FD7 or Hatpedal, I'd use the FD7 into the Roland module, that way you can get the CV hi-hat even if you trigger the hat sound on the DK10.
                        Drumkat Turbo 4.5, Emulator X3, Superior 2.1, Roland Fantom XR, DTXtreme III, SPD-20 etc.......

Comment

Working...
                        X