Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Visu-lite cymbals???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visu-lite cymbals???

Hi, have any of you tried the visu-lite cymbals with a DMPro (of with any other module)? I'm seriously thinking of buying those for use with my DMPro but although Visu-lite say they work with DMPro, I don't know anyone who's ever tried it. Have you?

------------------
    Gústi
    Digiculture
    Iceland
    Gústi
    Digiculture
    Iceland

I have not used them with the DMPro but I use the china with the TD-10 exp and am really happy with it. It triggers very well but is very load compared to every other pad I am using. If noise is an issue I do not recomend these, they are loud. I added a piece of mouse pad to mine to quiet it down. Since I am using it as a china the pad does not give me any problems, since I am beating pretty hard. As a ride or a crash the pad may not trigger the way you want.

------------------
    Ted H.
    www.tocsinrocks.com
    Ted H.

Comment

I use all sorts of Visu-lites with my DMPro, with good success. I like the "heavy" feel. I use the hihats as well, and it's trigger was way too low, so I added one of my own to get the levels up to where they need to be. That was a couple of years ago, so they may have fixed that by now.

BTW, there is a discussion group specifically for the DMPro!!! You can find it at Yahoo Groups.

Comment

Originally posted by Stixx777:
        ...as a ride or a crash the pad may not trigger the way you want.

Why should the rides and crashes not work?

------------------
        Gústi
        Digiculture
        Iceland
        Gústi
        Digiculture
        Iceland

Comment

Mrkam; What version is your dmpro software? Does that matter in this case?

Thanks for the help.

------------------
          Gústi
          Digiculture
          Iceland
          Gústi
          Digiculture
          Iceland

Comment

If you put the extra padding on the cymbal to cut down on the noise it my not be sensitive enough to roll on the crash or do fast ride patterns. If stick to pad noise is not an issue then they will work really well. In a live situation the stick noise maybe picked up by a vocal mic. Use the search and you will get more of an idea of how others feel about the visu-lites.

------------------
            Ted H.
            www.tocsinrocks.com
            Ted H.

Comment

I have a Visu-lite ride with bell and I use it with a DMPro. No triggering problems at all. In fact it triggers great. It also has a rubber pad on one quarter of the cymbal and all of the bell. I am not crazy about the feel. It feels heavy and the response stick wise feels more like a pad than a cymbal. I'm thinking of giving the Hart ride a try. You can't go wrong with the Visulites, they're strong and they look cool.

JOe

Originally posted by digiculture / Gústi:
              Hi, have any of you tried the visu-lite cymbals with a DMPro (of with any other module)? I'm seriously thinking of buying those for use with my DMPro but although Visu-lite say they work with DMPro, I don't know anyone who's ever tried it. Have you?

Comment

I do not have the v2 upgrade chip, so I guess that make me v1.?

Triggering seems fine to me!

Comment

I use 6 Visu-lite's hooked up to an Alesis D4, which is then midi'd up to the TD-10's percussion group. I like the visu-lites for looks, and they are generally ok, but I've really had to tweak the settings on the D4 to get them to respond nicely. The D4 is old though, so maybe you could get better response from a newer module. I wish they were a little lighter/thinner, even at the risk of cracking them, because they are pretty heavy as it is. But overall, I like them and plan on continuing to use them.

I would love to see a version 2 of the visu-lites.. Thinner, maybe completely dipped in rubber, and smaller peizo trigger connector. <shrug>

Comment

Working...
                  X