Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Thinking of buying a V-Drum set......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thinking of buying a V-Drum set......

Im thinking of getting a vdrum set because.....hell, we all know that heads cost a lot of money over time!

Anyways, I only got a couple grand to spend, so i was looking at the Roland V-6 or Yamaha DS9. I've played the roland once, and sounded good but I never got to "know" it well.

Can yall tell me if you can program each individual pad its own sound? or do you have to use the preset? If u can't, do they make an affordable set that you can?

Yall give me some feed back on Ddrums!

thanks,
    ApolloSpeed

Are you saying that you want to get vdrums to save your $ because you have to replace your heads often? And you want a reply on the ddrums from a vdrum forum? Have you tried www.ddrums.com

You cannot program individual pads/cymbals with different sounds. You are stuck with presets only and Roland does not tell you that when you buy a vdrum system. You will be stuck using only what Roland has to offer, so no pad/cymbal can be changed to a different sound period.

As a matter a fact, Roland will make you sign a contract that stipulates that fact and once you turn on you vdrum system Roland will monitor the activity on any unit by any user/owner and send a small shock of electricity through the module, out through the pads and give you a small shock to inform you that you can’t do anything else with the modules, it’s like “Orwell’s 1984”. The sticks that you must use are made from metal and that is how Roland will zap your fingers/hands with light voltage if you mess with the preset kits. It is a *****, but that is what edrums are about.

There is no affordable set that will give control over all kits and individual sounds, this technology is yet to be developed and no one knows when it will be available.

------------------
    szvook
    Studio

Comment

Have you tried www.ddrums.com

This is the place for you apollo, I think you'll find all the answers you'e loking for.

Good Luck!

------------------
      ~Robin
      ~Robin

Comment

ok,

I'm sorry for the confusion, but I don't know the difference in ddrums or vdrums......i thought it was all electronic drums!

t a lil more info on this stuff......like can i add stuff to it later? Like put a double-bass pedal on it?

thanks,
        ApolloSpeed

Comment

apollo -

vdrums.com is an excellent source of info for anyone wanting to learn about vdrums. i would first read some of the marketing information about different drum options from various manufacturer sites, and then use the "search" tool on this site for any unanswered questions you have.

good luck.

Comment

lolol!!! good one svook!
            -Drumlogic, V-session, Visulite/roland cymbals, (2)Mackie srm-450's, bbe 482 sonic maximizer,

Comment

Well if we're going to send him to www.ddrums.com then we also need to send him to www.hartdynamics.com

[This message has been edited by Eric (edited November 28, 2001).]

Comment

In case it seems strange that your questions about a Roland V-drum set were answered by referring you to ddrums and hartdynamics (as well as this site where you asked the questions!), here are the real answers you wanted:

Yes, you can program each individual pad of the Roland V-Club TD-6K set to one of 1024 drum/cymbal sounds.

No, although the V-Club TD-6K comes with 99 preset kits, the pads for any or all of these can be changed to one of the 1024 sounds.

You can also set the volume, pan, pitch, decay, and ambience of each indivdual pad in all of your 99 kits, as well as the equalization for each kit.

For $2000 you would easily be able to expand the V-Club TD-6K to its maximum of 11 pads/pedals with 16 triggers. So, the very affordable Roland V-Club TD-6K will give you 99 kits, each with 16 of your own programmed sounds.

And yes, the included KD-7 kick pad can have a second unit linked to it which would provide for a double bass pedal setup.

[This message has been edited by BarT (edited November 30, 2001).]

Comment

Nice post BarT, but nowhere near as good as szvook's. Torturing the newbies is an important part of this site.

Comment

Why?

(Is it a carefully developed plan to steer everyone else away from V-Drums so that only a select few can enjoy them?)

Comment

Originally posted by BarT:
                      Why?

(Is it a carefully developed plan to steer everyone else away from V-Drums so that only a select few can enjoy them?)
                      Indeed... so everybody will buy ddrum!
                      LOL

Just kidding... like everybody else in this topic. Don't take it serious!

------------------
                      http://mpcman.flappie.nl
                      Music was my first love...

Comment

Originally posted by BarT:

you get what you pay for

Comment

Originally posted by Bagman:
                          Torturing the newbies is an important part of this site.
                          Yeeeessss. Come come Newbies we have much fun to have with you yet...

(evil laugh)
                          Steve

'I only ever quote myself - except when I quote someone else' - me

, plenty of , and , , triggered acoustics, , and a plethora of PA blah blah freakin blah...I mean does anyone care about the specifics of pedals, speakers, processors, hardware or anything that I'm using?? :confused: Hmmm, maybe this is an appropriate place to mention that I tried out a new cymbal stand the other day...

Comment

thx BarT

I appreciate the clarity!!

Comment

I was set on buying a new ddrum in the next week or 2 but then saw another drum shop had a complete v-drum with a TD-10 module for $3,000 (it is the floor model from last year). I know th ddrum would be cheaper, but??? Any suggestions from you experts out there on what I should buy?

Comment

Working...
                              X