Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Purple V-Sessions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Purple V-Sessions?

I'm considering a purchase of the Roland V-Session kit (the nice one with the TDW-1, V-cymbals, mesh kick trigger, etc). One problem... it only comes in red, and I actually much prefer the purple shells of the V-Concert. But then you don't get all the goodies of the V-Session, and to order them seperately would cost quite a bit more than it did if you just ordered the V-sessions in the first place, which I think is bloody ridiculous frankly. Has anyone attempted to get their retailer/Roland to put together some Purple V-sessions, at the regular V-session price? (ie - "Dude, love those V-sessions, get me the same set-up in purple for the same price and we've got a deal.")

Originally posted by darrenmc:
    I've heard people on this forum say that there are dealers who will do it, and at least one person (in Europe I believe) says they did it at the same cost. I haven't confirmed it, as I've never seen it offered. You could always have the drums recovered custom recovered, or even do it yourself as some here have.

Comment

Thanks, dr. kildrum. Enjoying your posts. BTW, I took a look at your posted kit pics last night, very nice. The black mesh heads, are they the Harts? And are you running all those cymbals straight into the TD-10, or is there another MIDI controller or brain involved? Thanks much.

Comment

It's a PM-16.
        Drumkat Turbo 4.5, Emulator X3, Superior 2.1, Roland Fantom XR, DTXtreme III, SPD-20 etc.......

Comment

The black mesh heads, are they the Harts?
          All but two. Two are three plys that I beta tested for another company and liked.
          And are you running all those cymbals straight into the TD-10, or is there another MIDI controller or brain involved? Thanks much.
          As jrcel points out, a PM-16 can be seen in some of the photos. Actually though, all the cymbals are plugged into the TD-10 (my "master" trigger interface or a TD-6 that sits on a rack shelf. The PM-16 has some stuff plugged into it, but not cymbals. Also, via midi I have access to an Alesis SR-16 which I use occasionally for some sounds or to layer sounds in, but most of the actual cymbal sounds are triggered from an Akai S6000.

Although I am often "layering" sounds, mostly you can't hear the Roland module cymbal sounds much if any, the volume is typically backed way off, and only the triggering is important. The cymbal (and other) sounds I trigger are mainly studio recorded multi-sampled real cymbals, etc., (velocity switched). Some of the decays last a looong time, and they are oh so sweet.

Try the search function using the keyword "purple". Its sure to turn up the post with the dude who bought the purple "session" kit, and other references that might help with some leads.

Comment

Hey, Darren have you considered Hart Dynamics? The Acupads come in chrome, gold, white, black and custom. Just a thought. I have the Hart Giga Pro in chrome. It really kicks, and it ended up costing me less than any of the Roland V-Drum kits (packaged with the TD-10).

[This message has been edited by snared (edited January 04, 2002).]

Comment

darrenmc,
              Just curious, have you seen the red pads in person? I too did not like the red I saw in pics, but loved it in person.

Comment

Originally posted by cliff:
                darrenmc,
                Just curious, have you seen the red pads in person? I too did not like the red I saw in pics, but loved it in person.
                I have many times, if the purple didn't exist I'd probably learn to live with it, but the purple is MUCH better... it's the colour I'd get if I could have any colour in the world.

Comment

Originally posted by snared:
                  Hey, Darren have you considered Hart Dynamics? The Acupads come in chrome, gold, white, black and custom. Just a thought. I have the Hart Giga Pro in chrome. It really kicks, and it ended up costing me less than any of the Roland V-Drum kits (packaged with the TD-10).

[This message has been edited by snared (edited January 04, 2002).]
                  Actually, I was meaning to ask you something, snared.... I work for a Seattle company although I am doing support at home these days. The next time I'm down there.... could I try your kit? I've really been intrigued by Hart for a long time, a lot of people have raved about them.... but I've been put off by the shipping-to-Canada aspect and the cant-try-em-unless-you-buy-em aspect. I know sepdrums has a try before you commit policy but that seems like a big hassle to try something out, and he (understandably) won't sent you the whole kit.

I'm a complete stranger so I'd understand if you were not comfortable with this, but there are definitely some bevies in it for you otherwise.

Darren

Comment

How often do you come down here, Darren? Let me know maybe we could work something out.

Comment

I bought a Purple V-Session TDW-1...
                      simple as that...no dealing required..

I bought it from anderton's music co. in guildford England www.andertons.co.uk
                      (My Uncle's company )
                      Anyway I know they had to order it from America, so if you were to email them I'm sure they'd let you know where they got it from.

HTH
                      Alex
                      Alex Gingell
                      V-Session TD10
                      Pearl Powershifter Eliminator

Comment

Originally posted by monkeyd:
                        ...I bought it from anderton's music co. in guildford England (My Uncle's company
                        ...Alex
                        Hey, Alex. I know your Uncle. Back when I was playing with (a band) in Europe and living in the U.K., I bought enough stuff at that Haydon Place shop from him and John Russell to keep them both very happy. I still have some of the gear in fact. Although I have not been out to the shop in far too long, I've got your Uncle's card in my Rolodex and in Outlook, and have recommended him to others on many occasions (even mentioned the shop on this site once or twice I believe).

Small world.

Comment

Now im starting to wonder, there was a drummer called dr. kildrum in a band called savatash (sp) I think the singer died. could this be the same dr.?

Comment

Originally posted by snared:
                            How often do you come down here, Darren? Let me know maybe we could work something out.
                            Hi Snared. I dropped you a line at your Yahoo address. I think I'll probably be down there this month sometime, I'll let you know as soon as I do. If we can work out a good time, great! Thanks very much for your kind offer, I really appreciate it. This is a rather nice board, I must say!!

Cheers,
                            Darren

Comment

Originally posted by cpgrossman:
                              Now im starting to wonder, there was a drummer called dr. kildrum in a band called savatash (sp) I think the singer died. could this be the same dr.?
                              Steve Wacholz (alias Dr. Kildrums) was a drummer for Savatage for many years. We are not one in the same. Steve is alive and well still in Tampa and running the Mars music store there if you want to look him up. He's a fine drummer and a great guy. When one of the brothers died, Savatage went through a lot of personnel rotating in and out but was never quite the same.

I have explained the name off forum a few times now so it is probably wise to address this. Basically, I have for a long time had the nickname and used the online handle "doc". As it is these days so often almost always taken, I have some time ago taken to adopting many a silly doctor reference (i.e. 'supdoc, rockMD, etc. among others) as alternatives on the forums I frequent. (And no, I am not a doctor either).

When I signed up for this forum, I took the handle dr. kildrum (no caps and without the "s") because it was a doc and drum reference and I kinda liked it. I had no idea I'd stick around long. Before very long, when I realized I was going to spend some time here, I really wished I had put a little more thought into and chosen something else.

I wonder if the forum administrators would change it for me? I guess I could just post an announcement like "Reverend Poppy" and reincarnate myself and renew my newbie status. Just never got around to it, yet.

But anyway, for the record, I know Steve from Tampa and elsewhere, but I'm not him (and vice versa).

Comment

Working...
                              X