Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

JBL mpro 18 in sub with built in crown amp 660W !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JBL mpro 18 in sub with built in crown amp 660W !

Has anyone used this new subwoofer yet, It looks amazing, its actually a 2 channel crown amp built in, capable of powering the sub and a satelite speaker. Its specs blow the mackie srs 1500 away. Any word on this yet??????????

-Drumlogic
    -Drumlogic, V-session, Visulite/roland cymbals, (2)Mackie srm-450's, bbe 482 sonic maximizer,

I listened to one at GC. Very nice. Lots of power. Although, its a very heavy unit.

I would want to hear it paired with a satellite cab (12" - 15" mid) though. But you should go to GC and have a listen and tell me what you think?

(I'm still waiting for my Mackie 1521's to ship) - I returned my JBL G2s (just couldn't get used to the muddy JBL sound).
    TD-10/TDW-1vc, 3-PD120, 2-PD100, 2-PD80, 2-KD7, 3-14C, 2-15R, SPD-20, 2-ECymbal II splash, 1-ECymbal II china, 2-IronCobra kicks, 1 angry ex-wife.

:eek: " I see drum people"

Comment

good choice with the mackies, ive found that the jbl's SUCK for clarity. Mackie all the way. Im picking up a set of srm-450's in about a week and did not know whether to get the srs1500 sub or the the new jbl mpro.
      -Drumlogic, V-session, Visulite/roland cymbals, (2)Mackie srm-450's, bbe 482 sonic maximizer,

Comment

What's a muddy sound guys? I am using a JBL EON G2 with my ddrums and there's enough high, mid and low for me.
        Robert

Comment

My eons sound great. Never muddy! And I think I'm pretty critical about sound.... .

Comment

Tom and Putt, When I said muddy, I was not talking about the ability to create ear piercing high's. I was referring to the high frequency clarity and realistic imaging. I think if you go to sam ash or GC and put an eon (even the G2) next to a mackie srm-450 and switched between the two speakers, you would completely understand what I mean.
            By the way I am playing a show tonight and i am gonna be using the new 18in m-pro powered sub. Ill let you know how it goes.
            -drumlogic

Comment

sorry, the show got cancelled due to some violent morons who beat the hell out of the bars bouncers and threatened to destroy the place. Ill have to get back to you on the performance of the m-pro. However, I did get to do a comparison between it and the srs 1500 and the jbl mpro destroyed it.

------------------
              -Drumlogic, V-session, Visulite cymbals, Mackie srm-450, bbe 482, spd-20

Comment

You know it's wierd. I actually compared the JBL G2's and the SR450's together at GC with a CD, and although I thought the 450's we're clearer, I bought the G2's. It just sounded punchier at the store. It's when I actually used it for the drums (in my studio, and once live)is when I noticed just how muddy it sounded. I returned the G2's and am still holding out for the new Mackie 1521's!
                TD-10/TDW-1vc, 3-PD120, 2-PD100, 2-PD80, 2-KD7, 3-14C, 2-15R, SPD-20, 2-ECymbal II splash, 1-ECymbal II china, 2-IronCobra kicks, 1 angry ex-wife.

:eek: " I see drum people"

Comment

Working...
                X