Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

service: preferred or reviled retailers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• service: preferred or reviled retailers

I wonder if anyone has recommendations or horror stories to share about the seemingly limited choices for purchasing.

I live in the dc (mid-atlantic, USA) area and find it difficult to locate a retailer who handles everything. As a shopper i'd like to try some different things out, but even Guitar Center, with a full complement of Yamaha and roland equipment offers limited opportunity.

On-line choices seem to be the Musicians Friend affiliates, SEP, and the manufacturers themselves. Thus quality of service takes on some significance.

What's the word?

Stowe

Try zzounds, Sweetwater, Music123, etc.

Comment

I've never heard one negative thing about SEPdrums, and Erik is a funny guy as well

------------------
      http://mpcman.flappie.nl
      Music was my first love...

Comment

Chuck Levin's is in Wheaton, MD...certainly worth the trip if you are in the DC area. Coleman and Rob have always been good to me...
        E-drums: TD-20, RT-5S triggers on snare/toms, KD-7s, VH12, CY-14Cs, CY-15R, Pintech splash.
        A-drums: Zickos (amber) w/ all Zildjians.

Comment

the people hear tell me that Musicians Friend is not so friendly.
          http://www.evolbeats.com

Comment

Chuck Levins aka Washington Music Center is the place to go. I drive all the way there from Ashburn VA. Not only do they have the best prices in the area, but the guys who work there really know what they are talking about. Talk to Rob Berkman for drum stuff, Tim for guitar stuff, and Tom for pro-dound stuff. You can't go wrong!

Joe
            V-Concert, Visu-Lite Cymbals, BBE 482's, Behringer Multicom, Alesis D5

Comment

Rob has been transfered to Mic's, I bought from them for 21 years, lately though, they have displayed an irrational hatred of the DTXtreme equipment. I have no idea why, other than they only stock Roland stuff. Don't know, don't care. I just had some clown on Ebay, a store, tell me that he won't ship to Alaska even if I pay for all the shipping because he didn't feel like it. There are some real loosers out there, Mhz Studios is the name of this place, stay away.
              Drumkat Turbo 4.5, Emulator X3, Superior 2.1, Roland Fantom XR, DTXtreme III, SPD-20 etc.......

Comment

I have had very good luck with www.musicianbuy.com. They also had the best price on my V-Club set. Check them out

------------------
                The Captain

[This message has been edited by captainbk (edited December 31, 2001).]
                The Captain

Comment

Originally posted by Prototype:
                  the people hear tell me that Musicians Friend is not so friendly.
                  They aren't too bright there either.

My top favorites are Midwest Percussion, Interstate Music, and Drumbalaya.
                  "I'm not a guitarist, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night!"

Comment

Muchas Gracias people.

peace,

S

Comment

Originally posted by Stoovey:
                      They aren't too bright there either.

Comment

I have had good experiences with SEP drums. Also, Riksmusic was excellent. I ordered stuff from Interstatemusic and they are pretty good too. I have had email correspondance with Drumbalaya and I can't wait 'till I am albe to make purchases through them too.

Comment

I've purchased from Drumbalaya and found them to be very helpful and efficient, both before and after delivery. And, unlike many dealers, they handle electronic drums only, so they're almost bound to be more enthusiastic and knowledgeable.

(Just a satisfied customer - honest!)

Comment

Working...
                          X