Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hart Dynamics Goes Above And Beyond!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hart Dynamics Goes Above And Beyond!!!

Wow! I must say that I am extremely impressed by the customer service provided by Hart Dynamics. As many of you may remember, I purchased and broke 4 eCymbals in one gig. Here's the original message I posted:

I broke all 4 of my "unbreakable" crashes at my first gig. I play kinda hard, but it wasn't like I was actually trying to break them or anything. I was playing them exactly the same way I play acoustic cymbals.
    Has anyone else experienced this?

I'm not going to bother sending them back. I'm sure Hart would be happy to send replacements, but what's the point? If I'm going to break them, I'm going to break them. 4 cymbals in one night was not a fluke or a faulty product. It's time to move on to another product.
    Having assumed that I was just too heavy a hitter for these cymbals, I never contacted Hart about the problem. I was happy to chalk the purchase up as a purchase "experiment" that didn't go as well as I'd hoped.

Much to my surprise, I received an email message from Peter Hart a few days ago. Apparently he stopped by this forum and saw my message. He actually encouraged me to exchange them for new ones. In my opinion, he would have been completely justified in not accepting this exchange, since I did break them all at once. Obviously that sounds like I'm hitting WAY to hard. But Peter wanted to make sure I was happy.

I'm very impressed by their service. I would have to think that other manufacturers would see a post like mine, and sit tight with their fingers crossed, hoping I didn't contact them for a return. Peter did the exact opposite. He went out of his way to offer me an exchange. I look forward to doing business with them again in the future, and highly recommend that others do so too.

I'll be sure to post my test of the replacements as soon as I've had time to put them through the paces.

------------------
    Drooling Dog

[This message has been edited by Drooling Dog (edited December 19, 2001).]
    - Scott

I'd be drooling to ya dawg!!!!!

That is awesome. Thanks for passing the info. You know, this will seriously make me look at them when I buy more stuff.

Later.
    WMP

(Weapon of Mass Percussion)

Comment

Now that IS service.

------------------
      szvook
      Studio

Comment

I keep trying to buy one of the new pro sets but they keep extending the release date. They keep telling me "in about a month". I look at it as an exercise in patience.

Comment

Awesome Dog!!! Hart rocks!

Roland who?
          - andy

Hart Dynamics ZigaPro Kit (6.4 w/ many extras)

Comment

Originally posted by halfnote:
            I keep trying to buy one of the new pro sets but they keep extending the release date. They keep telling me "in about a month".

I am guessing that Hart will wait till the NAMM show is over before the Pro line will be available. I will ask Peter when I see him at NAMM in mid January.

BTW, I mentioned earlier that I was going to sell my Acupads & Acusnare ones I have gotten the Pro line. I will not be selling after all, the Acupads and Acusnare will be used with my Simmons SDS-7(I have gotten my hands on a new SDS-7 since my old one was destroyed) and the black pads from Simmons will be no more. Another plus for Hart products, they work great with older edrum modules/brains as well as the newer ones.

------------------
            szvook
            Studio

Comment

WOW!

Might get me a pair of them if the service is that good!

Once the Canadian dollar picks up that is.

Outstanding indeed!
              Kelly Mercer
              Halifax, Nova Scotia
              Canada

My Youtube Channel!
              http://www.youtube.com/user/VirtualMP3Studio

My "home studio" webcam!
              http://virtualmp3studio.ww.com/

Comment

Cyberjam let me know when you will get them, I'll get some also. As a side note putting a JBL Eon-2 on lay a way this week. Take care.

Comment

Canadian dollar? Invest in Beer, it will never lose its value to us...

Comment

Hi All, Customer service aside, our ECYMBALs are EXTREMELY durable. We have never had a customer break 4 cymbals. I have personally never broken an ECYMBAL. We have been making ECYMBALS since 1993. Obviously, we would discontinue this product if this was and issue. I would just like to say that if you are considering a electronic cymbal purchase that you should not be concerned about ECYMBAL's breaking. When I was younger I used to break Zildjians and Paiste's until I discovered a little thing called "technique". Proper technique with acoustic cymbals allows diverse nuance, as well as ensuring the life expectancy of your cymbals. ECYMBALs are MUCH more durable than acoustic cymbals.

Thanks guys,

Great forum! Keep up the good work. E-mail me anytime if I can help.

Peter Hart

Comment

Hey DD,
                      Where did the cymbals break (bell,edge)?
                      Cliff

Comment

Edge.

------------------
                        Drooling Dog
                        - Scott

Comment

After two years I finally broke a Hart cymbal. There are three in my family that play the set so it gets used pretty hard. I have had several issues with trigger problems that came up but Peter has always been there to stand behind his products. I would not even think of buying an e-kit or e-drums from anyone else. Peter Hart has something every other company lacks and that is integrity. When he makes you a promise he keeps it. If there is ever a problem he fixes it. No I don't work for HDI nor do I know or have ever met Mr. Hart but if I ever get to Florida I am going to stop by and shake his hand and give him my personal thanks for such a great product.

[This message has been edited by Mike (edited December 29, 2001).]
                          TD-10xp
                          Hart Acupads & Cymbals
                          (Gigapro Set)

Comment

While we're all talking about Hart products: has anybody here ever tried their ADC (acoustic drum conversion) system? I'm considering getting them for customized concert toms so I can have acoustic looking pads. How well do they trigger all the nuances of acoustic drums? Thanks guys!!
                            "I'm not a guitarist, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night!"

Comment

Stoovy:

I have the hart adc's and they work great! I am using them with the mesh heads. I have been using them live for about 4 months and have not had 1 mis-trigger. One tip though, you may want to hot glue the connection inside the drum. I had one fall out during a gig. not a big deal though.

See ya

Kurt
                              Kurt

Pearl drums converted with hart adc, roland kd7's, pd 120 for snare, various roland rubber pads, hart e cymbals and pads, td8, td6, 2 mackie srm450s and mackie sub. mackie sr 24-4 mixer........and always growing.

Comment

Working...
                              X