Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Headphones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headphones

Anyone know of a good set of headphones? I've just ordered my drums but haven't decided on headphones yet.

AKG 270S.
    TD-30 / SPD-SX

Comment

Where to buy? What price?

Comment

My preferance is the Sony 7505. Great Bass and clean top end - long (3m)cable (unfortunately 'curly'!) - a little tight at first - but really nice to play with. I'm happy with them. Others prefer the older 7506 (if I recall, the spec. is better for the 7505 - wider range of Hz) or the more expensive 7509 with 50mm drivers.

When I was buying - I dumped the V-Drum demo tracks to CD and took the CD down to the store to ensure that I got the sound that I was looking for.

Try a search - there are some quite good reviews on various manufacturers 'phones.
        Andy
        TD-20, Pair of JBL-Eon15 G2's & Sub

Check out the demo tracks to hear my V's at

http://www.thebrokenangelband.co.uk/

Comment

If you want light, comfy, straight cord that won't pull, and great sound - my headphone of choice is the Grado SR60 or SR80. I use them when playing live as my monitor, and with the open ear design, I can still hear the outside volume as well.
          Driving a great song is better than driving a great car!!

http://mysite.verizon.net/landin82/

Comment

IXOS DJ1001 Ministry of Sound model. They're designed for DJs, but the V's sound remarkably good through them. Very clear sound. I think Szvook will recommend them as well...

Stu

[This message has been edited by mcconaghy (edited September 05, 2001).]
            "Fry that sound effect, Moriarty, we're having it for breakfast"

Comment

I'm with Ozzie on this one...the Sony's are studio quality and very clean. I added one of those clips (you know, from a security badge that clips onto your clothes) and attached it to the cord at about waist height with some room to play...clip it on my jean belt loop so I don't get any drag from the cord...works great.

Comment

Originally posted by Oz DrumR:
                My preferance is the Sony 7505. Great Bass and clean top end - long (3m)cable (unfortunately 'curly'!) - a little tight at first - but really nice to play with. I'm happy with them. Others prefer the older 7506 (if I recall, the spec. is better for the 7505 - wider range of Hz) or the more expensive 7509 with 50mm drivers.

When I was buying - I dumped the V-Drum demo tracks to CD and took the CD down to the store to ensure that I got the sound that I was looking for.

Try a search - there are some quite good reviews on various manufacturers 'phones.

I have got the 7506's and they are fantastic. About $100 I think I payed.
                My Hart Dynamics GigaPro (vintage 1999)

Comment

I've been looking at various web sites for the headphones. Its a toss-up between the Sony's and the AKG's. Price is kind-of an issue, but I realy want good quality and comfort.

Comment

Ditto on the Ixos DJ 1001. I finally had an opportunity to play the Vís through them and they are very good. I am planning on getting them and compare them to my Sony MDR-V700 headphones (which are excellent IMHO).

------------------
                    szvook
                    Studio

Comment

I've now gone through many threads on this subject. Some say they've found Akg 270S's or Sony 7509's for cheaper than I could(around $150-170 or so). I was at a loss at how to look. So, I went to yahoo and just typed the brand and model#. I was successful in finding retailers carrying the products, but still can't find the smokin' deals I read about.

Comment

Hi,
                        I use a sennheiser HD-250, which is a closed type so not much noise comes through from the outside, and it has a good bassresponse.

http://www.sennheiserusa.com/pages/p...tudioindex.htm

You must try this one!

Grtz, Mike

[This message has been edited by purplehaze (edited September 05, 2001).]

Comment

Snared,
                          I too just purchased my V-Concert set and purchased new headphones. After reading the other forums on this subject, I purchased the Sony 7506, and have been very satisfied with the sound they produce. I believe you can find them at Zzounds.com for around 100 bucks.

Comment

Anyone have the AKG K240M? Do you use a headphone amp? Is an amp nessessary? Or should I just go with a Sony without the amp? Or do the Sony's need an amp, too?

Comment

Originally posted by snared:
                              Or do the Sony's need an amp, too?

I have the Sony 7506's and they do not need an amp. I really like them, but it took a little bending to get them comfortable for my big head.

Comment

Working...
                              X