Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Headphones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headphones

Anyone know of a good set of headphones? I've just ordered my drums but haven't decided on headphones yet.

AKG 270S.
    TD-30 / SPD-SX

Comment

Where to buy? What price?

Comment

My preferance is the Sony 7505. Great Bass and clean top end - long (3m)cable (unfortunately 'curly'!) - a little tight at first - but really nice to play with. I'm happy with them. Others prefer the older 7506 (if I recall, the spec. is better for the 7505 - wider range of Hz) or the more expensive 7509 with 50mm drivers.

When I was buying - I dumped the V-Drum demo tracks to CD and took the CD down to the store to ensure that I got the sound that I was looking for.

Try a search - there are some quite good reviews on various manufacturers 'phones.
        Andy
        TD-20, Pair of JBL-Eon15 G2's & Sub

Check out the demo tracks to hear my V's at

http://www.thebrokenangelband.co.uk/

Comment

If you want light, comfy, straight cord that won't pull, and great sound - my headphone of choice is the Grado SR60 or SR80. I use them when playing live as my monitor, and with the open ear design, I can still hear the outside volume as well.
          Driving a great song is better than driving a great car!!

http://mysite.verizon.net/landin82/

Comment

IXOS DJ1001 Ministry of Sound model. They're designed for DJs, but the V's sound remarkably good through them. Very clear sound. I think Szvook will recommend them as well...

Stu

[This message has been edited by mcconaghy (edited September 05, 2001).]
            "Fry that sound effect, Moriarty, we're having it for breakfast"

Comment

I'm with Ozzie on this one...the Sony's are studio quality and very clean. I added one of those clips (you know, from a security badge that clips onto your clothes) and attached it to the cord at about waist height with some room to play...clip it on my jean belt loop so I don't get any drag from the cord...works great.

Comment

Originally posted by Oz DrumR:
                My preferance is the Sony 7505. Great Bass and clean top end - long (3m)cable (unfortunately 'curly'!) - a little tight at first - but really nice to play with. I'm happy with them. Others prefer the older 7506 (if I recall, the spec. is better for the 7505 - wider range of Hz) or the more expensive 7509 with 50mm drivers.

When I was buying - I dumped the V-Drum demo tracks to CD and took the CD down to the store to ensure that I got the sound that I was looking for.

Try a search - there are some quite good reviews on various manufacturers 'phones.

I have got the 7506's and they are fantastic. About $100 I think I payed.
                My Hart Dynamics GigaPro (vintage 1999)

Comment

I've been looking at various web sites for the headphones. Its a toss-up between the Sony's and the AKG's. Price is kind-of an issue, but I realy want good quality and comfort.

Comment

Studio

Comment

I've now gone through many threads on this subject. Some say they've found Akg 270S's or Sony 7509's for cheaper than I could(around $150-170 or so). I was at a loss at how to look. So, I went to yahoo and just typed the brand and model#. I was successful in finding retailers carrying the products, but still can't find the smokin' deals I read about.

Comment

Hi,
                        I use a sennheiser HD-250, which is a closed type so not much noise comes through from the outside, and it has a good bassresponse.

http://www.sennheiserusa.com/pages/p...tudioindex.htm

You must try this one!

Grtz, Mike

[This message has been edited by purplehaze (edited September 05, 2001).]

Comment

Snared,
                          I too just purchased my V-Concert set and purchased new headphones. After reading the other forums on this subject, I purchased the Sony 7506, and have been very satisfied with the sound they produce. I believe you can find them at Zzounds.com for around 100 bucks.

Comment

Anyone have the AKG K240M? Do you use a headphone amp? Is an amp nessessary? Or should I just go with a Sony without the amp? Or do the Sony's need an amp, too?

Comment

Originally posted by snared:
                              Or do the Sony's need an amp, too?

I have the Sony 7506's and they do not need an amp. I really like them, but it took a little bending to get them comfortable for my big head.

Comment

Working...
                              X