Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CY-6 cymbals: making them swing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CY-6 cymbals: making them swing?

I have a pair of CY-6's mounted on standard cymbal booms (with the Roland swuvel base). They don't swing freely, and I suspect that the regular cymbal mounting post is thicker than the special Roland v-cymbal mount. Any suggestions on how to make the CY-6's swing more freely? I could enlarge the center hole (although it's rubbery so I'll probably have to drill rather than carve), but that's a one-way option. How much fo your v-cymbals swing? Thoughts???

DON"T ENLARGE THE HOLE! It is the only thing making them "swing" to begin with. The CY-6 is heavier on one end (in contrast to the other cy's which are balanced) which changes the center of gravity. The rubber makes the CY 6's "bounce" back and "swing". The other CY's (14 & 15) rock and swing much better as the center of gravity is direcly over the iverted V mount.

Comment

You might consider weighting the back of the CY-6 to balance it, and also some Aquarian cymbal springs may help with the feel.

Comment

Dr. kildrum,
        Excelent idea to weight the Cy6! Aquarian springs were designed for heavier acoustic cymbals and don't work well with he lighter E's. in my opinion.
        cliff

Comment

Originally posted by cliff:
          ...Aquarian springs were designed for heavier acoustic cymbals and don't work well with he lighter E's. in my opinion.
          cliff
          Fair enough. I haven't tried it, but have heard of people doing it with the lightest version of the springs and being pleased. I think its a rather awkward effect anyway actually.

Comment

I use the Aquarian cymbal spring with my Visu Lite China and it works great. I don't think they would work with the CY's though.

------------------
            Ted H.
            www.tocsinrocks.com
            Ted H.

Comment

Working...
            X